S1 • Chapter 7 • Chamomile & Names

Their youth was erased so early, buried with their names that held their love

They got on the wooden circular boat as Lin started to row, "No, Han. You need rest." She sternly said.

"I don't need rest," Han whined. She wanted to help Lin row but the older spirit refused after every offer and the glare Lin gave just made her give it up. So, with nothing else to do, Han pulled out the medicine bag Zeniba gave her earlier, taking out a small dark green jar. It was a surprise it has not cracked during Han's escapade, perhaps it was because of a spell that was casted just right under the jar.

Inside, filling the jar to the brim, was a smooth cream. It had a sweet and fresh scent. Han was quick to decipher what the cream was made of. Chamomile. And knowing it's properties, she could use the cream whenever she got wounds and bruises. It was also her favorite thing to turn into tea, it calmed her down whenever horrible nightmares occurred, hence it was always what she asks from Zeniba when she was given the chance.

She took a bit of the cream and onto her fingertips and rubbed it on the wounds, calming the pain almost instantly. However, it seems like there is more to this cream than chamomile, as her wounds were healing at an unnatural pace as she continued to apply it on several bruises and wounds.

After she finished tending to her wounds, Han handed the jar to Chihiro. "Put it on your cuts, it'll heal them," she said. Chihiro took the jar and applied it on her cuts.

Lin looked over as the smell reached her nose, "What's that nice smell?" she asked as Chihiro handed the jar back to Han.

"Chamomile medicinal cream, I think," Han replied. Chihiro looked over to the bathhouse seeing No face walking on the pipe.

"Hey, over here!" Chihiro called over, Lin looked at Chihiro in panic.

"Sen, don't call him over," she reprimanded, Han looked over to No face and frowned.

"Staying in the bathhouse makes him crazy. He needs to get out." Chihiro was unfazed by Lin's scolding.

"Yeah and go where?" Han asked, she still didn't like No Face after seeing how needy he was before, who knows what he'll do if he comes near Chihiro again.

Chihiro was stunned by Han's tense response. Now quite unsure, Chihiro responded timidly, "I don't know."

Han notices her sudden change of demeanor, making her ease up. Perhaps, Chihiro only wanted to help him but still, No face was a creepy spirit in Han's eyes.

Lin looked over at No face and grumbled. "You don't know. Great, now he's following us." The girls looked over to see No Face had dived right into the water and was swimming to the train tracks, he disappeared into the water before reappearing right along the train tracks.

He puked out Augeru, the frog from the bathhouse. Han knew him well, who wouldn't forget the frog who liked to take every chance he gets to embarrass Han.

You could consider Augeru as Guri's number one accomplice, Jin could come to a close second. These two always made sure to make Han's life miserable, one slip or mistake and it'll become the laugh of the town for days. They basked in the misery of the young brunette and she hated it in every bit.

So the sight of Augeru looking lost gave Han a weird satisfaction.

Han notices the waves getting stronger and Lin struggles to paddle forward, " Lin, we can get off here," Lin stopped rowing to look at the brunette in confusion. Han took this opportunity to hop off the boat, shoes removed, with Chihiro following behind her.