S1 • Chapter 8 • Saving Haku pt 2

A dragon spirit's heart is as fragile and beautiful as a flower. 

Han and Chihiro walked off the train and waited. Chihiro wondered why Han wasn't walking forward but her questions were answered eventually when the sound of creaking metal resounded along the winding round ahead of them. Then a hopping lamp appeared in front of them.

"Let's go," Han whispered.

They followed the lamp until they reached the cottage. To Han it felt like returning home.

Zeniba opened the door and Han ran to embrace her, "Zeniba!"

"How many times do I have to tell, Han, to call me granny?" Zeniba said endearingly, holding the brunette in her arms. They broke the embrace and Zeniba gestured for them to go inside.

"Come, I have prepared food. You must be tired from the trip.

Han went ahead and put the kettle on the fire while Zeniba handed her and Chihiro tea as they wait for the water to brew.

Chihiro faced Zeniba as she held out the goldenseal, "Excuse me, ma'am, Haku stole this from you. I came to bring it back."

Zeniba took the seal and inspected it before facing Chihiro, "I see, do you know what this is?" She asked.

Chihiro nodded confidently," Yes, it's the golden seal you were looking for. I came here to apologize for Haku," She then bowed, "I'm sorry."

"He sliced me in two you know. I'm still angry," Zeniba said. Han looked shock, almost dropping the plate of cookies.

"But Zeniba–" But before Han could speak any further, Zeniba shot up.

"What– the protective spell is gone!" She exclaimed, peering on the seal.

"Is it the black slug that was on your seal?"

"I kinda squashed it," Han added, placing the plate of cookies.

Zeniba broke into laughter, "Squashed it?" She held onto her stomach. "That wasn't my slug, my sister put that in Haku so she could control him. You squashed it?" Zeniba laughed once more.

"Han, you surprised me today," she added.

"What happened to my spell? only love can break it," Zeniba says as calmed down from her laughing fit. She leads Chihiro to a seat, in front of the cookies and tea Han had set down.

Chihiro turned to Zeniba, pointing at Baby mouse and Tiny crow. "Can you please turn these two back to their normal forms?" Chihiro asked.

"The spell on those two wore off long ago, change back if you want," Zeniba answered, Baby mouse and Tiny crow shook their heads. Perhaps they liked being in this form. "You can help with spinning the thread, Han can teach you." Han nodded before sitting on the wheel and taught the two, No Face observing beside her.

"Ah, before you start, Han. Here," She handed the brunette a new set of clothes, it was similar to what she had worn the day she arrived in the spirit world. She looked at it closely and to her surprise, it was actually the same shirt she wore on that day, the same blue loose shirt that was once too big for her. Now it looks exactly her size, it also had a beautiful moon embroidered into the center near the collar of the shirt.

There was also a pair of khaki shorts, so Han went ahead and changed in the bathroom. The shorts were a bit big and she had to use the ribbon that was supposed to be for herhair as a belt, It was long enough to make the shorts fit.