The Cursed gift : Sneak Peak

"My Gosh! You smile at a man once and he thinks he's obligated to marry you!" Lettie exclaimed as she entered the book shop. Parasel tucked under her arm.

She faced the brunette sitting in the counter, leaning on the table with sigh. "My dear sweet sister how do you live with this."

Y/n raised a brow, "Whatever are you going on about?" She placed down her book and removed her glasses, hanging gracefuly around her neck.

"Men. I met this guy, he seemed so nice at first and then suddenly he twisted into every other guy I encountered-"

"Expecting something impossible?"

"Yes!" Lettie plopped down the chair with her arms raised before resting her cheek on her palm. "When can I have a nice simple conversation with a guy that isn't 30 years older than me and married."

Y/n chuckled as she poured her sister some tea. "Perhaps never."

Lettie groaned. If her sister, who has met countless pursuers and suitors in her youn life, says the chances of meeting a decent man are slim. How is she suppose to have any hope.

"That is not helping, Y/n."

"But Ingary is a small kingdom, Lettie. Who knows, maybe men are eloquent in Kingsbury." Y/n teased, pouring herself a cup of tea.

"Here you go again with Kingsbury. Why haven't you moved there yet is a mystery to me." Lettie retorted slowly calming down from the warmth of the warm brew of tea.

"I have been saving for it only the book shop business isn't exactly booming like your chocolaterie." Lettie nodded in acknowledgment.

It was true, since the war began, there was a halt to education and most schools have become a refuge for the injured.

Other school related business' have been shut down too.

"Oh yes, I almost forgot the reason for my visit." Lettie set down her cup and reached for the letter in her pocket. She cautiously slid to her sister.

"I recieved it this morning. It's from mother."

Y/n froze in the middle of taking another slip, the cup slightly shaking. What did I do wrong now?

Lettie spoke in efforts to reassure her sister, "I'm sure it's nothing serious, right?" Y/n wasn't so sure. Everytime their mother sent a letter rather than visit meant anything but good news.

Worriedly, the young woman teared the parchment open.

Reading it tentively, Y/n's eyes grew wider. It wasn't bad news at all

It was good news actually.

"Mother's getting remarried." Y/n announced, Lettie clapping her hands in joy.

"That is great news! Is she coming home soon?"

"Yes, in a week's time."

Lettie walked over, engulfing her sister in a hug. "This is great great news, Y/n! Come, we have to start shopping for dresses!"

Before Lettie could pull her to the door, Y/n held back. "But what about the store?"

Lettie nudged her arm, "You said it yourself, No one's coming in anyway. Come on, it's been a while since we shopped together anyway."

And with that the two sisters were out the door.

I wrote this as practice but thought it would work as a sneak peak to the sequel.

Hope you all enjoyed it, have a great day!