1

people get their assigned soulmates throughout their school time as everyone must go to school (because it's a world-order). this is the easiest way for oreaders to inform everyone about their soulmate. some get to know them in kindergarten and some have to wait until their final year of school to know who their partner is.

this was the exact case of yoon jeonghan.

he was different from his close friends. his best friends dokyeom and hoshi found their soulmates in middle school and, as jeonghan had already predicted in elementary school, they were each other's soulmates.

"oh my god! didn't i tell you guys?", jeonghan said jumping up and down excitedly in front of his friends. both of his friends were now holding hands and laughing at the jumping madman in front of them. "yeah sorry we didn't believe you", said dokyeom to the now calm boy. the looks on the kid's faces were overjoyed.

what about him? oh, he is still waiting for the announcement.

an 'announcement' comes at the beginning of each year. it calls out the people that must meet up at the cafeteria to get assigned to their soulmates. this happens every school year.

it's the tuesday of the first week of the last year of high school and jeonghan is sitting in his last class of the day, biology. he looks towards the clock, 14:50. only 10 minutes before he meets his soulmate. his leg is shaking up and down as he bit his bottom lip.

come on. faster.

he let out a sigh as the teacher in front continued on talking about genetic engineering and its benefits. he hears some snickers coming from behind him. he turns around to see hoshi looking back at him with his hand on his mouth. he pointed to his left at dokyeom and jeonghan turned to look at him.

"calm down", mouthed dokyeom as he pointed at jeonghan. "i can't help it", he mouthed back as he waved his hand. "i know but i meant to calm down your heart, i can hear it from here", dokyeom spoke the words this time but only loud enough for hoshi and jeonghan to hear him. jeonghan's eyes grew as he placed his hand on his chest and indeed, it has been beating very fast. the couple were laughing but stopped when they didn't get any other reaction from the boy seated in front of them. hoshi raised his hand and placed it on jeonghan's shoulder from behind him, "is everything fine?"

jeonghan suddenly jumped from his seat at the slight touch and stood up. everyone in class looked at him as he looked at the teacher.

"yoon jeonghan, do you need something?", she raised an eyebrow. "no", jeonghan murmured as he bowed his head down, "i am sorry miss"

she scoffed, "are you that excited to meet your soulmate, yoon?"

jeonghan looked directly into her eyes now, "yes and what about it?", jeonghan answered her, feeling a bit pressured by her direct question.

"w-what?", she asked him, stunned by his direct answer. "well, your soulmate wouldn't want to be with an uneducated man, so you better pay attention to class!"

dokyeom and hoshi start laughing at her comment, "i hope you don't mean what you said miss hwang. the yoon family is an oreader one...", dokyeom said from the back and his boyfriend nodded, "he is going to be an oreader, so this class, with all respect, is useless to his career"

the teacher stood still with a gaping mouth but before she could say anything the bell rang and all students darted out of the room. jeonghan being the first one.

"hey! aren't you going to wait for us?", hoshi shouted, walking fast towards him. "let's at least talk about what miss hwang said!"

"no need. i'll keep you guys updated. bye!", he looked behind and shouted at the couple.