Pixie Dust

"Where is it?" Anne asked in a conspicuous readiness and desperation. She had been waiting by the edge of a cliff, pockets ready with her.
        Pan pulled the glowing organ from a satchel over his shoulder. "Why here?" He questioned, over looking the cliff's edge.
        Anne had gasped at the delicious sight, picking it out of his hand. She noticed some dying black blotches inside. "It's beautiful," she breathed.
        "The view?" Peter raised a brow.
        "The heart," she started then peered out at the distant moonlit horizon, the canvas of deep blue dashed with a glittering plethora of starlight. "The view..." she shyly smiled, "the ocean just seemed romantic, for a funeral...that is," she finished timidly, saddened. "Besides, Felix never believed in oceans." She contently smiled once more at the distant memory. "We stayed in the forest for so long, he just lost faith," she explained, saddened once again. "Course, when he came here, his mind was changed." The small, trembling lost girl gazed at Pan with tear-filled eyes.
        While the keeper wanted to feel remorseful or empathetic, he couldn't. His new powers were taking a further toll on him; he was beginning to pay the price. Not that he cared, he wouldn't miss the heart break he had held onto for so long. Instead, he expressed a fake frown and wiped a cold tear that had slipped from Anne's eye. "The dust of what's left over from his crushed heart will drift far across a vast blue of beauty and deep mystery, sounds very romantic," he spoke, morbidly and he very nearly, purposely expressed his carelessness. Anne felt a twinge of offense when she noticed his insensitivity. But she bit her tongue.
        "Can you...give me a minute?" She requested, arching an annoyed brow. Not only was it the growing annoyance that made being around Pan repulsive, Anne's heart also ached. She couldn't believe she was holding her brother's heart. What sickened her most was that she was holding it in regards to what she promised Pan: to crush it.
        The keeper was hesitant at first, arching a suspicious brow, but he wanted to play sympathetic so that was what he had to do. "Are you sure?" He asked, caressing her cheeks and gazing softly into her eyes. Anne was lost for a moment, her heart pounding. She quickly nodded then turned away. "Hey," Peter started, turning her chin, "you can do this." He then pressed his warm lips into hers, giving her a slow kiss that made her stomach clench with guilt. When he broke the kiss, he lightly smiled, nodding to encourage her. "I believe in you," he spoke, all in genius acting of course. Not that he didn't believe in her, he just pretended to care and Anne fell for it quick.
        "I know," she reassured with a soft smile. "Give me five minutes and we can head back to the mountains."
        "Of course, my love," Peter replied before he carefully eased away. When Anne turned her back, he had whirled on his heel and anxiously headed for the silhouetted tree line. Wiping the tingling sensation from his lips, Pan's thoughts were spinning. Wanting to look out for the lost boy once he realized how reckless it was to command Felix to jump off a cliff, he enveloped himself in the forest.
        Troubled by the persistent question that stalked his heels, he wondered how in such a sudden twist, did Anne coincidentally pick a cliff to end Felix's life when Peter had already commanded Felix to go to a cliff. The question had been whether or not fate fabricated an impending unification between brother and sister. Had it been so, Pan knew, and surely would, stand in the way. Only he'd allow himself to decide Anne and Felix's fate, not fate itself. 

        When Anne noticed her keeper, gone, she released an immense breath of relief. Fearfully peering back behind her, she was still safe then looked forward again. Remembering her dream of the book about crushing and taking hearts, she mentally reminded herself of the one secret thing she had already learned before Pan caught her. Then suddenly, she shoved her hand into her chest. Pulling out the hotly pulsing and glowing organ, Anne eyed, mesmerized by it's sparkling life, and was amazed with herself that she had been able to wield it. Little did Pan know, Anne already knew how to rip out hearts and just scribbled down the book to find it for future precautions.
        The little lost girl felt a powerful readiness now, an excitement. She then glanced over her shoulder again and Pan was still nowhere to be seen. Then without hesitation, she shoved Felix's heart into her chest. She was immediately overwhelmed with a wash of grief and regret. Anne had almost sank down. She came to a realization that Felix truly had been sorry for everything he did to her in the past, and when she had last seen him, she was pushing everyone away; she didn't believe him then.
        But now, it was the saddest, strangest, and most beautiful thing. Anne could feel her brother's pain, his very existence, and this way...she'd save his life. Problem was, she still had her own heart. There was no way to hide it on the cliff that'd hide it from Pan. But she had known that already.
        Pulling out a small patch of pixie dust, Anne peered behind her again. Pan was still gone and she looked back at the patch remembering it's cunning whereabouts. That bag of clothing Pan had found for her--of her own clothes--Anne had discovered the patch in her worn down corset. She then hurriedly poured half of it into the palm of her hand. She then squeezed her eyes shut tight and believed hard; believed in Felix, believed in everything.
        The dust sparkled to life, turning a vibrant emerald green. When the lost girl opened her eyes, she gasped then grinned broadly in anticipation. Anne looked over her shoulder to make sure she was still alone. She became frigid when she began to make out Pan's light skin through the darkness. Hurriedly wishing for a small box, Anne dropped her heart inside and slammed the lid shut. Latching it and locking it, she shoved the key into her pocket and spoke over the box. "Find Ariel," she whispered with everything she had.
        "Finished?" Pan's voice rose from behind her as he peered over her shoulder. In that instant her hands had been seconds empty and the box had been gone, for the black ocean water swallowed it whole.