A.N.: Conclusion and Thanks

Ayyyyy my lovely readers! I wanted to let you know that The Shadow's Keeper is now officially over, and that there is a possibility for a third & final book to The Piper's Song series -- which I will get into later. But first off, I once again wanted to thank you guys for all your amazing support and feedback -- and a special thanks to the readers that have stuck around since the very first book. You guys are honestly so amazing, and it makes me happy to know that readers like you exist, because you are the main reason I have stuck to this series and have not given up. I'll tell you guys, it's been so complicated trying to work this second book out; things have changed from what I originally planned when I first came out with this sequel.

I kept adding all sorts of twists and turns and cliffhangers, so much so, I almost lost my mind trying to weave everything out into a conclusion. I've also been busy writing elsewhere and that reason and the laddar are why it's taken me so long to finish this book. Over all, I don't think I did too bad on it. It was really intense, lengthy, and utterly messy (so if you're still unclear about something, don't hesitate to ask). Anne started out as trying to choose between staying with Pan and leaving with Felix, but 'the others' (aka, Rumple--very specifically, almost Pan and the shadow's children) made that decision for her. She never got to choose -- and she was oh so close. Despite how monstrous Pan became, she was still willing to forgive him at the end--she even told him she loved him, craziness! However, she forgave him and said it too late :/...

        Anne is now seventeen, all alone, and after everything. Just imagine how disappointed she's felt, depressed...hopeless because all but Lily has left her. You'd think her brother would have stayed, but no, and that's the kicker. Her parents have left, and after all the years they were away from their children, you would also think they'd stick around. But again, no. So all Anne has left is the lingering question about whether or not rescuing her brother was even worth it because where is he now? And Pan always told her he'd never leave her, so that is also haunting her because he's long dead as far as she's concerned. She's cursing her bad timing, she wishes so much she would have chosen to stay with Pan before the whole mess of the second book started.

And so, I leave this story off at the piper returning, but he wasn't really the piper, he was the shadow. But whose shadow? And why did the shadow disguise itself as the piper, when the actual piper could've done it himself? So that makes you wonder about where the hell the original piper is. Anne also had that wild dream of seeing Pan's body and seemingly ressurecting him, which is also kind of questionable because did she really ressurect him or will that be her journey throughout the last and final book? -- Or, perhaps, something else. Not to mention the new recruits of lost boys we know nothing about.

As for the possibility for a last book, it'll be titled 'The Old King' if I do write it, and like I said, it'll be the very last book. And honestly, that's kind of sad to think about. I have been on this series for about two to three years now, so when I finally end it, it will definitely be something hard to let go of, and to let go of you guys too. Like I said, you guys have been the main reason I have been able to continue this series. You're all so loyal and kind, and just absolutely amazing and never forget that. The thought makes me want to cry tears of joy, it's just been so fun and so long. These last couple years have been a little difficult for me, but my writing has always been my escape from it all, and you guys have been there like best friends when everybody else left.

        To wrap this all up, thanks AGAIN (I know, I keep thanking you), I love you guys, I love this series and so on. Now if you want that last book, just let me know in the comment section, or message me, and we'll see what happens. If you don't believe there should be a third book, that's fine too. You can tell me that too. I just really feel like Anne's relationship with Pan has just a little more growing room left, and there are definitely some loose ends -- like Anne's reversed outlook on life and her feelings for Pan. Rumple coming up on Anne and Pan was also a bit sketchy, this new gang of lost boys should be fun too, and...*hint, hint* Felix hasn't forgotten his little sister completely ;) and just think...he may be a little pissed to discover she's gone back to the hell from which they had tried so hard to escape from...

[P.S. The cover photo for the possible 3rd book is just above ^^^]