Messenger Boy

"Well, well, look what we have here," Pan cooled with a soft, dark grin, his dagger in his grip.

"Go to hell," Hemlock dared to spat, timid the moment he finished.

Pan's eyes seemed to pop wide with surprise and a hand laid over his chest to express offense. Though both of those things were the last things he was feeling. "Tsk, tsk, lost boy..." He breathed slowly, eyes carefully regarding Hemlock's every movement. The lost boy suddenly positioned his body, beginning to stalk Pan like he was his prey.

"You heard me," he replied, stealthy as he began to bounce around.

Pan couldn't help but laugh. "Loud and clear, though there's just one problem." The enjoyment left his face and a graceful darkness casted down instead; eyes narrowing and beating with delight, a wicked smirk overtook his lips. "We're already here." Taking a few steps toward the lost boy, Hemlock seemed to be slightly alarmed and straightened out, staggering backwards.

His eyes wide, he almost desperately peered around for something. "I'm...I'm not afraid of you," he stuttered, before he tripped over a stick and fell, backwards onto the ground.

Pan let a snicker fall from his lips just then. "You still don't get it, do you?" Sliding his fingertips down the blade, he felt his skin prick. Rubbing his thumb and fore finger together, he then tasted the blood on his thumb. Eyes never leaving the lost boy's ghostly features, Pan then lowered his hand and malevolently grinned.

The lost boy studied him helplessly, clueless as to what he was trying to get at.

"Oh I'm going to enjoy this," Pan spoke lowly and smoothly.

"Wait!" Hemlock suddenly pleaded, eyes welling with an old, boyish cry.

Peter stopped, watching him expectantly.

"Anwen must have told you," he began, climbing to his feet. The lost boy suddenly took his shirt, grasping the fabric with almost conspicuous anger. His eyes changed to a piercing, wolfish blue and his ears and teeth sharpened.

Suddenly taking the changing boy by his neck, he threw him across the trail. Breathlessly, he made his way over and crouched down. "You shouldn't be too surprised," Pan spoke, describing the expression the wolfish Hemlock had on his face. "In fact," Pan ripped from Hemlock's neck, a magically bound pendant. He then held it up by the chain, a feigned countenance of confusion on his face, "I didn't give this to you."

Hemlock's breath beginning to quicken, he began to cry out with pain. A ghost of a wound Pan had left when he first murdered Hemlock began to well in the boy's chest.

After Pan climbed to his feet, his brows lifted with interest. "You think I didn't know that all your powers are held in one pendant?" He then laughed, Hemlock's cries heightening.

"P-Pan, AHHH!" The lost boy bellowed, gripping his chest as he fought the pain. "S-stop!" He begged.

"Oh, what was that?" Crouching back down in front of the lost boy, he faked pouted, "I thought you wanted me to go to hell?"

"AHH! Pan, please!!" The lost boy tried to snatch back the pendant until Pan pulled it away.

"Ooo, close one," he breathed roughly, wickedly grinning at the dying lost boy. "I've got a proposition for you that I advise you take if you want to live." His eyes narrowed expectantly.

"GAHH, yes, yes, I'll t-take it!!" Hemlock cried out without debating further.

"Oh, but I haven't even said what it is..." He slowly smiled.