CHAPTER IX.II: Royal Thief

I thought I was just hallucinating, however, his face is getting closer and closer. 

I subconsciously closed my eyes and all I can ever feel is 

his soft lips touching into mine.

"It startled me.
I can't believe you're the one who's asking me. It hurts my pride as a man if you do that.
Therefore, I'll take the lead instead, Miso-a...

Will you marry me?" - Prince Byeol softly proposed.

His voice, his gaze, everything about it. 

He knows how to stir my heart like crazy as if I'm sick.

"Yes,... Your Highness." - Miso blissfully replied.

Both of them softly chuckle.

Tomorrow morning...

Royal Palace: King's Throne

The Dawn passed and it was the day when the Ming's Escort arrived at the Joseon Kingdom. 

My wounds barely healed on the same day and they made me wear a silk robe and tie my hair up before meeting the Escorts.

"My greetings, King of Joseon, I am here on behalf of our Emperor Zheng of Ming. 

We were grateful to receive your letter and now we are here to meet the woman and check her before sending it to Ming. Is that okay? Your Majesty?" - Ming's Escort politely said.

"Before that, I received a report from my envoys that there's a mercenary from your country who secretly crosses the border without a pass. Is that true?" - King asked.

The Ming got flustered and bowed their heads.

"Pardon my rudeness, I am not in the position to answer that but as a Royal servant of Ming, I will honestly answer the reason why.

They are indeed mercenaries but they also work for the Emperor. I assume that you already know the story 25 years ago, we desperately looking for our lost Princess this five years ago in this Kingdom and the fact that our countries did not have any contract of an alliance, we just secretly crossed the border without a notice. 

With that issue, our Emperor favoured us to apologize on behalf if ever you doubt our sincere apology." - Ming's Escort politely replied.

"Very well then, I'm looking forward to your Emperor's reply after founding the Ming's Princess." - King replied and signalled the Naesi to let Miso inside the room.

The Ming Escort has 5 people and 15 guards outside the palace.

When they greet me they offer their hand to receive the Royal seal I have. As they check the seal they quietly guide me to their palanquin.

I bid my short farewell to the King and glance at Prince Byeol. 

He did not shed a tear nor frown thus he smiled at me instead to wish my trip on my journey.

Miso slowly entered the Palanquin and the Ming's escort carried it and went out of the Palace.

We are heading back to the place where I was born, somewhere I'm not familiar with shivers from nervousness and tension.