CHAPTER II.I: Unfold Secrets

CHAPTER II

LANTERN CITY: Black Street

•|Black Street is a street where the low-class people at Lantern City work and lived. It's an opposite place of Lantern City Entrance Gate Bright ambiance.|

The soldiers search all over the place to find the street rat.

I disguise myself as a commoner.
I'm not gonna sit around and wait until she's captured.
I'll find her with my own eyes even if turning this town upside down if necessary!

While the soldiers are on the search.

Prince Byeol went to the black Street market because of the loud ruckus of people.

BLACK STREET MARKET

I keep my feet to move forward which leads me here somewhere I find suspicious and malicious ambiance. I realized that I am "maybe" lost in the deeper place of Lantern City. I almost panicked, but I saw someone from distance happily giving a piece of bread to greasily kids and old beggars at the market.
I just watched... And watched... At the corner, hiding from pillars shadow.

"Don't push each other! Everyone will receive bread!" - a person who's giving the pieces of bread from distance.

Prince Byeol looked suddenly surprised.

"That...voice..." - Prince Byeol suspiciously whispered.

This may be absurd. But what I heard from there is very similar to the thief's voice yesterday.
It might be indistinct and only happened for an instant but I am certain she is the same person.
The person who stole my mirror is right in front of my eyes. I can feel the madness inside me but my body doesn't move an inch. It's not moving against my will after watching her giving bread to these lowly commoners.
Is that where the money was used from what she stole. Just to buy a loaf of bread and give it to someone else?

People from the market started making ruckus because of the soldiers.

"Search this place too!
No place is gonna left behind!" - the soldier shoutingly told everyone.

The soldiers harshly check every beggar at the market.

"Are you the street rat thief they're talking about?!!" - soldier shoutingly asked the old beggars.

"No! N-No! I am not a thief!
I'm just a beggar begging for food!
Please spare my life!" - the old beggar said.

The soldier stepped on the old beggar's face.

"I'll spare your life if you tell us where's the street rat." - the soldier asked while stepping on the beggar.

"O-Okaay... He wears ragged brown robes and black trousers. Tied up hair with a small face... That's all I know! Please spare my life!" - the old beggar cryingly said.

From distance...

The little street rat heard everything and tried to escape quickly... But the soldiers saw her leaving suspiciously.
And they act so fast to follow her. There were many soldiers in that area...

She got...

Captured...

ROYAL PALACE: Underground Jail

After seeing her helping those peasants won't gonna make me change my decisions.
I'll make her pay for what she did.

I'll gonna make her... Yes... Uh...

I will... Will I?

Prince Byeol was now confused with his feeling after seeing a reason why did the thief makes mischief things.

To be continued...