CHAPTER IV.II: Personal Servant

"Oh, your highness. Can I ask what is this robe about? It seems like every courtesan and guards are surprised by this." - Miso curiously asked. 

"It's a high-class Royal robe that is meant to wear for a concubine of the Royal Family." - Prince Byeol replied.

Miso was embarrassingly surprised.

"What? You asked me to wear this robe because you want me to be your concubine?! Are you insane?!" - Miso rudely replied. (She got furious and forgot that she was talking to Prince.)

Prince Byeol snickeringly watches Miso getting furious.

"I want to change my clothes!" - Miso anxiously said while trying to take off her robe.

"You wished to see me, Your Highness?" - General Gwangbok from the outside of Room. 

"Come in." - Prince Byeol replied.

General Gwangbok came in.

"This is General Gwangbok of Royal Guards." - Prince Byeol.

"Y-your highness...that robe..." - General Gwangbok surprisingly asked to see Miso in her concubine's robe.

"Don't worry. I just lent it to her. That's the only thing I can think of to let her enter freely here at the Palace." - Prince Byeol calmly replied.

General Gwangbok and Miso sighingly understand.

"Now that the two of you are here.
Miso, the reason I called you here is that I want you to be my personal servant from now on in this palace. I know that this is very sudden thus it is urgent for us too.

That's why we've already discussed everything and will be trained under General Gwangbok." - Prince Byeol Politely said.

Miso confusedly trying to understand everything.

"Y-You mean a lowly peasant thief like me will be a personal servant of a Crown Prince?

Why me? There are so many out there who are more suitable servants than me.
I don't quite understand, your highness ." - Miso anxiously replied. 

"You see, I am the Crown Prince.

The next King of this Kingdom. Maybe you're not aware but a lot of people are trying to steal the position that is mine. Anyone in these palaces has an for the throne.

Only the King and General Gwangbok are whom I can only trust. And you who sincerely showed me how your world turns despite having someone stranger like me still stayed honest with your feelings.

I adore your generous and sincere heart.
That's why I offer you this and help me walk toward the throne I was meant to without spilling any blood.

After that, I'll lend you my hand to 'your people' from the Dumper and destroy the system we had. I, who had enough power as a king will be able to do everything and save everyone with just a word." - Prince Byeol determinedly replied.

I was moved by his words.
How he sincerely explain everything to me without blinking not stuttering signs of nervousness, he genuinely accept the world I lived in. Maybe this time, I'll be able to accept what's his.

"I'll do as you say your highness." - Miso generously replied.

After that, I lived at the palace as soon as possible and viciously trained under General Gwangbok. 
It was very excruciating and exhausting but I know it's the first step toward the big change.

The night after training, I was able to return to my room when I saw Prince Byeol's room has his lamp on and I decided to politely inform him to let me come in.

ROYAL PALACE: Prince Byeol's Room

"Why are you still awake your highness?" - Miso asked. 

"I have a lot of papers to take care of." - Prince Byeol replied. 

"I guess being a Prince is not easy as I was expecting." - she replied. 

"Do you want me to give a hand then?" - Prince Byeol asked.

"Oh no, if I can remember, I was only supposed to teach swordsmanship and etiquettes. No papers included, besides, I didn't study how to read and write except my name. I apologize I can't help you." - Miso replied. 

"You can't read and write? How foolish of me not to know that. I can't believe I let you suffer like that and your people. Miso-a." - Prince Byeol said. 

"No need to apologize, your highness." - Miso replied.

Is it just me or I can hear footsteps outside of this room? 

One?
No, two people. This is bad.

"Shh. Your Highness, please hide. Someone is here." - Miso vigilantly said.

"Is it an assassin? It's dangerous to go alone." - Prince Byeol whisperingly said. 

"What was the purpose of my training, your highness? Please don't underestimate me and stay inside." - Miso proudly replied.

Miso unsheathed her sword and vigilantly stepped out of the room.

PRINCE BYEOL'S ROOM: Corridor

If I guess it correctly, one is near, the other one is far, I suppose it's an Archer.

Miso take a deep breath and grabbed a stone to shoot the Archer from afar. 

She waits for another one to attack her with a sword, still her sharp blade and good skill end the life of one assassin.

End of Chapter IV