CHAPTER V.II: Peasant's Pride

CHAPTER V

Tomorrow Morning...

ROYAL PALACE: Prince Byeol's Residence

•|Every Royal Family member has their Residence inside the Big Royal Palace which includes the Prince & Princess aside from the King and Queen who has only one Resident for both of them as married partners. Prince Byeol and Miso's rooms are included in the Crown Prince's Resident. (Also called Quarters)|•

MISO'S POV

I was given a reward for capturing one of the assassins last night. Which I can freely go outside of the Palace for a day.

Miso was walking out from the Crown Prince Resident when she hears someone playing instruments coming from the pavilion.

It was very relaxing sounds and how he gently played the instrument.
I cannot see his face, but the resemblance of his back is very familiar to me. I thought that the young man was the Crown Prince though I figured out he doesn't resemble the posture of their backs.

I was intrigued to find out who is the familiar young man who's playing the instrument. But I wished not to waste my precious time on that and spent at least to be free in just one day.

Miso decided to come out of the palace without a bother. 

Meanwhile, Princess Hwa who intend to surprise the Crown Prince with her visit ended up her who was surprised instead after she saw Miso roaming at the Crown Prince's Resident.

"I was not informed that the Crown Prince brought a young lady guest to his Resident, that even I, a Princess, who hardly get an invitation." - Princess Hwa disappointedly said.

One of her court ladies suddenly gasped.

"What's the matter? Have you seen a ghost?" - Princess Hwa.

"N-No, your highness. Not a ghost but a thief." - Court lady.

"A thief? Did you lose yourself already? This is a Palace." - Princess Hwa said. 

"I have a keen memory, your highness. And I remember the wanted posters I saw outside of the palace. That thief resembles the young lady who just went out." - Court lady panickily replied.

"If you are certain to your words, then that young lady intentionally approached the Crown Prince just to steal? How disgraceful. I cannot forgive this absurdness." - Princess Hwa disgustedly replied.

LANTERN CITY: Market

I decided to buy food for the orphans and old people from the Dumper Area.

But when I came there. 

I saw the Dumper Area devastatingly wrecked by the soldiers. I was lost in thought, about how should I react after seeing my poor home aggressively destroyed by the hands of the soldiers.

"S...Stop! What do you think you're doing?!!" - Miso anxiously said. 

"Are you mad that we trespassed your place yet you have no shame to show your lowly face inside the Palace? You lowly dirty thief." - Princess Hwa suddenly said behind Miso.

Miso is confused and furious to see Princess Hwa.

The way she dressed and glace at me, she was an upper-class or even worse, a Royal.

"I have found the thief you've longed to catch. Bring her to the underground." - Princess Hwa sneeringly said.

The soldiers forcedly grabbed Miso and dragged her to the underground jail.

ROYAL PALACE: Underground Jail

They tied Miso's hands at the post and the soldiers got the tools ready to torture her.

"No matter what reasons you say, that doesn't change the fact that you're a thief." - Princess Hwa said.

I explained everything about why the crown Prince brought me here.

And yes,
she's right that doesn't change the fact that I am a thief and I cannot change the mistakes that I have already committed.

The soldiers start whipping Miso's back while Princess Hwa mercilessly watches her suffering.

I resist screaming or groaning,
my pride of not showing any weaknesses to someone helps me withstand the pain in my back from every strike of the whip, especially in front of the upper-class who humiliate me and my people.

The soldiers were about to give her a big blow whip when someone suddenly interruptedly screamed.

"What do you think you are doing?!!" - Prince Byeol furiously said.

Everyone was surprised to see the Crown Prince.

"Y-Your highness.." - Princess Hwa anxiously replied.

Prince Byeol and General Gwangbok approached them and ordered the soldiers to untie Miso.

"Miso-a... I'm sorry about this. Are you okay?" - Prince Byeol worriedly asked. 

"Y-Yes, your highness. I'm fine." - Miso groaningly replied.

I feel pathetic that the Crown Prince himself came here just to save a thief of his Kingdom.
What this lady says helps me wake up from my fantasies and accept the fact that our world cannot live in harmony.

One thing left is the unpleasant feeling of betrayal after the expectations that we brought ourselves into shattered in just a single opposition. 

How can we make our promises if the conflicts emerged already when we haven't even started yet?...

End of Chapter V