CHAPTER V.I: Wooden Crest

CHAPTER V

Before Miso came to the palace, she went to the Black Market to meet someone.

BLACK MARKET

I cannot let my guard down despite the fact that the Prince invite me to the palace. I'm still a criminal that they've been trying to catch for years.

Miso came to see her fellow friend scholar who also helps the Peasants at Dumper Area.

"Oh! It's been a while Eun-a!" - Miso cheerfully said.

"Oh? What makes you come here? There's still a soldier who's looking to you out there, how can you be so careless." - Eun said.

The first time I met Eun was when I saw him playing with the orphan kids at Black Market while cheerfully painting the scenery of laughing kids in front of his eyes.

That was the first time I saw an upper-class scholar like him who has a good heart who cheerfully interacted with peasants like there was no big difference in their status.

"Don't start with the scolding of yours! You know it's too rare to see you later." - Miso poutily replied.

"I am busy with my exams, but Miso-a, haven't you heard lately? Some strange mercenaries are looking for you. Did you put yourself in trouble again?" - Eun upsetly asked.

"Mercenaries? I didn't even remember meeting one though. " - Miso confusedly replied.

Eun frustratedly sighed.

"Aside from that, what's brought you here?" - Eun asked.

"The crest. You have it right?" - Miso asked.

"It's right here. Why do you want it back? Are you going somewhere?" - Eun suspiciously asked again.

"Yes. I don't think I'll be back for a while." - Miso replied.

"Did you get yourself in trouble again? That's why you're running away from here?" - Eun said.

"Why are you always thinking of me as a troublemaker?" - Miso replied.

Eun hesitantly handed over the crest.

"Don't worry. I'll be back in one piece." - Miso takes the crest. 

"I wasn't saying anything." - Eun sarcastically replied.

Miso went out hurriedly after taking the crest.

"I know you. That's why I'm not worried." - Eun whisperously said.

Back to the recent time...

ROYAL PALACE: Prince Byeol's Room

BYEOL'S POV

It's such a shame that even though I'm a man, I cannot say that I'll be able to handle this situation, even though I'm the Prince and she is a servant of mine.

Miso was able to catch one of the assassins but the other one, Archer has escaped because it's too far away for Miso to catch up while restraining the other one.

PRINCE BYEOL'S ROOM: Corridor

Prince Byeol carefully went out of his room.

"Are you okay?" - Prince Byeol worriedly said.

"You should stay inside, your highness. Maybe the Archer is still around." - Miso replied while tying around the assassins with rope.

She asked me to stay inside and hurriedly reported everything to Gwangbok about everything. The Royal Guards urgently conduct a search through the whole palace for the Archer assassins who escaped. Miso was also part of the searchers, while everyone was busy.
I saw a crest laying on the ground. It was a very unique dragon emblem that was carved on the crest.
I was intrigued and picked it up.

"That was my belonging, your highness." - Miso said who suddenly appeared.

"Are you done with your searches?" - Prince Byeol asked.

"Not yet, but the General ordered me to stay by your side for your safety, your highness." - Miso replied.

"So, this crest was yours? It was very unique and carved well, where did you get this?" - Prince Byeol curiously asked. 

"It was a gift from my parents.
I don't quite remember but the old man who raised me said that this crest was with me when he saw me at the Dump.

It's a bit old and scratched, it has a little stained blood in it which maybe my parents passed away and left me alone at the dump." - Miso serious replied.

"Can I keep it for a few days?" - Prince Byeol asked.

"Uhm. I really don't know the reason why you want it but it's okay.
Please feel free to keep it with you, your highness." - Miso replied.

I might be wrong or not but it seems like I have seen this kind of emblem before.
I want to make research about this later.

To be continued...