CHAPTER VII.I: Suffocation

CHAPTER VII

Miso was speechlessly surprised to see Eun.

"'Eun-- "Your Highness", you said?" - Miso confusedly whispered.

I almost lost my grip as I hold the jar of liquor after seeing my friend Eun wearing a Royal robe and the Queen calling him 'your highness'
means the cold-hearted scholar man I know

Is a ... Prince...?

"Pardon me? Did you just call my son by his name? How rude of you!" - Queen said.

Miso anxiously bowed immediately

"Fo-Forgive my rudeness... Your Highness.." - Miso said

Eun...

We met eyes yet he pretend like he doesn't even know who I am.
I cannot put my thoughts together after all of this sudden incident.

I can't breathe, I'm confused and lost...

"My servant wants to offer a present a high-quality liquor to be more specific." - Prince Byeol politely said.

"A present from a mere servant?

How deep have you descended my prince? You know we cannot just receive from nobody.
What if the liquor is poison?" - Queen eagerly replied.

"A poison?
Please don't say such a thing, she just wants to show her gratitude to us." - Prince Byeol replied.

"Well then, Bring the *silverware and check if the liquor is poisoned or not." - Queen said.

|Silverware - a tool made of pure silver, it will turn black if poisoned.|•

Prince Byeol frowned at Queen's disrespectful opinion.

I do not mind checking the liquor but I am worried to put a lot of pressure on the Crown Prince after defending me from the Queen's harsh words.

The Court lady put the silverware in the Liquors jar.

Everyone is quiet to see the outcome of the test.

And then that silence were overwhelmed by the royal's exclaim when the silverware...
Turned...

Black...

Which means the liquor is poisoned.

Everyone looked surprised and panicked.

"Look! The silverware turned black! This servant intended to poison us! She intends to kill the King!" - Queen agitatedly said.

"Wait---" - Miso stuttered.

The Royal Guard pinned her down aggressively.

"Wa--stop! She will never intend to poison us! This is absurd!  Stop it!" - Prince Byeol panicked said.

"How can you still say that?! The silverware already gave you the answer.
Don't be such a fool!" - Queen replied.

I tried to say a word but the Royal Guard pinned me down with my face on the ground.

They are pushing my spines and lungs from my back that I hardly breathe or speak.

"Father! Please stop this! I'm begging you." - Prince Byeol anxiously said.

The King calmly drinks his tea.

"Bring her to the underground. No drink or food, only whip she will receive.
Now leave." - King coldly said.

The Royals are contented while Prince Byeol and Miso are overwhelmed by the King's decision.

"Yes, Your Majesty." - The Royal Guard replied and forcedly dragged Miso out of the dining pavilion.

I cannot even breathe after they lifting me up and got dragged outside.

I cannot even apologize to the Prince for causing a lot of trouble.
I cannot even speak with Eun who calmly sips his tea at the corner.

I wonder where it all goes wrong? It's impossible for me to poison the liquor, I cannot even afford a single bread.

Therefore, is it really Eun who intentionally put the poison and gave it to me? Out of all people out there,

why does it have to be him?

ROYAL PALACE: Underground Jail

"You will never see the light of day here, ever again." - Royal Guard said while locking miso to her cage.

I feel ashamed to let Prince Byeol get in trouble because of my stupidity.

I'm sorry... Your Highness...

Royal Palace: Dining Pavilion

"Your Majesty, why do you need to this much? My servant did nothing wrong! It is my fault for not checking the liquor beforehand! I deeply apologize for my insolence." - Prince Byeol desperately begs.

"Silence. If you're done talking, I assume you to go back to your Resident this instant! And you're not allowed to go out nor meet that peasant! Do you understand?" - King intimidatingly said.

Prince Byeol clench his fist as he upsets followed the King's order to go back to his Resident.

To be continued...