Chapter 5 - "A Change of Plans."

After celebrating the end of his long and exhausting exploration, he took time to explore the city. Unfortunately, many stores or restaurants were closed, given that it was nearly midnight. Only a few people roamed the streets and they weren't willing to answer his questions.

Soon enough, he was close to giving up and finding a place to stay for the night, until he came across a dust shop that was still open. Looking at the sign, he whistled at the name, as it was quite fitting.

"From Dust Till Dawn, huh? Pft." He deflated, flapping his coat and entering the shop. There was a plethora of Dust within the shop, but it wasn't what he was searching for. Thus, he went straight to the register.

At the register stood an elderly man, wiping off the glass to a dust crystal display. Of course, he stopped once he noticed Raikō, tossing the rag into a bin. "Welcome. Can I help you with anything?" He asked with a hoarse voice.

"Actually, yes. I was wondering if you know of anything or anywhere by the name of Earth?" Raikō asks. Hearing this, the old man points directly at a light orange crystal within the display.

"I don't know of a place named Earth, but I do sell dust that goes by the name of it." He answers, resulting in Raikō beaming with surprise.

"Wait, there's a crystal by the name of it? Do you know who named or manufactures these things?" The Male with Blue-Streaks asked, planting his hands onto the glass display in anticipation. Finally, a clue to send him closer to what he needs! If he was lucky enough, he could find the person who named these, and they may have info on the planet itself.

"I-I don't know who names them, but I do know that the Schnee Company sells us what has been mined. . .I could ask them, whenever the opportunity rises—" The old man stammers.

"Yes, please! That would be really helpful!" Raikō yelled in excitement, before looking at the crystal itself. He hadn't noticed that a girl dressed in red and black had glanced at him in concern, before turning back to her magazine again.

"Well, it's gonna take quite a while to do that, unfortunately, but can I help you out with anything else?"

"Yeah, I'd like to buy some Earth Dust. Never thought I'd say that. . ." He looks down at the crystal, his focus dedicated to the info he's received. After being led to where he could buy them, he was debating on which one to choose.

". . .Should I buy it in a bottle, or as a crystal? If I buy it in a bottle, it'll be a bit cheaper, but it's prone to spill. . ." He muttered, hovering his hand between the two. But before he could make a purchase, an uneasy feeling overtook him.

"Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a Dust Shop open this late?"  A random voice would peer out, as several men in fedoras and shades would stand behind, suddenly aiming their weapons towards the Elderly Man.

"P-Please! Just take my Lien and leave!" The old man pleaded, holding his hands up to surrender. Seeing this, Raikō stood up and clenched his fists, before exhaling deeply. As much as he wanted to intervene, he needed to focus on his plans. And engaging in such conflict would only result in more attention drawn to him.

". . .Sorry." He muttered, squatting back down, to grab a bottle of dust. Grasping onto it, he observed the label for any numbers.

Whilst doing so, a gun was pressed to his head unexpectedly. "Hand it over, kid. You should've got out sooner." One of the male's accomplices said in a dark tone.

". . .You don't want to do this," Raikō warned him, slowly raising his hands and standing up.

"Shut up, and hand it over! I won't ask again." He yelled, pressing the gun against his head even more.