Chapter 2 - "Test your Skill, Test your Will."

Before we begin, here's a quick introduction. . .

Name: Raikō Namaiki
Age: 16 Years Old
Height: 5'8
Weight: 152 Lbs
Blood Type: Unknown
Race: Unknown

Name: Erica WyldAge: 17 Years OldHeight: 5'5Weight: 124 LbsBlood Type: B- NegativeRace: Coyote Faunus

Name: Erica Wyld
Age: 17 Years Old
Height: 5'5
Weight: 124 Lbs
Blood Type: B- Negative
Race: Coyote Faunus

Name: Erica WyldAge: 17 Years OldHeight: 5'5Weight: 124 LbsBlood Type: B- NegativeRace: Coyote Faunus

=============================

After a moment of recollecting his composure and leaving from the public eye, the two found themselves sitting near the inner regions of Sumire, which led to the depths below. The Blue Streaked Male was still in disbelief, albeit everything was slowly but surely being accepted as a reality.

A new world, and without memories of how or why he entered it. It was pretty cliche, given the average story of a person from one world, suddenly forced into another. It was only the inability to recall the events that occurred prior that made his circumstances all the more unsettling.

A rather gentle hum escaped the male as a means to process everything properly, finally beginning to speak once he's gained a few ideas. "Alright, so I need to know a few things." He stated.

"Shoot." She replied.

"Are there any stories or books that are related to or contain Earth as a setting or mythology?" He asked.

Tilting her head and cupping her chin with painted fingers, she tried to attain any memory of books that could provide what he asked, or even something as simple as an urban legend.

"I'd have to say no. . .I've been through almost all of the books at that library, and there's nothing that's even remotely close to the earth. Kinda funny though, there are a LOT of books that contain your predicament." She chuckled, aware that it wasn't exactly the best time to joke about such a matter.

"Shit. Alright, so this book that I picked up from the library. Is everything in it true, including all stories, beings, and instances deemed supernatural?" He asked, his head rising from the endless sea of pages from a book called 'The World of Remnant'.

"Erm. . .Supernatural?" She repeated, confused about what he meant.

". . .Okay, so in my world, people don't normally have the ability to control elements or even move faster than what's normally possible, unless they're abnormal. Basically, they're called the Supernatural." He explained.

"Oooh. . .Yeah." She nodded, causing him to sigh.

". . .Yep, this is definitely real. Okay. . .One more question." He asked, standing up from the edge, and turning towards her.

"Is there anyone that is able to see beyond our universe, or even the omniverse, for the matter?" He asked, a moment of silence occurring. Given time, her head would shake in refutation, causing him to sulk.

"I can't say. I haven't really heard of anyone who was able to see beyond our universe at all, even in Signal Academy." She shrugs, which raised a small amount of hope. The concept of being unknown, rather than nonexistent, was more than enough to keep his wits about.

". . .So there's a possibility that there is someone like that who does exist?" He asked.

". . .Maybe—?" She hesitated.

"A 'maybe' is good enough for me." He chuckled, stuffing his hands into his coat with a somewhat relaxed smile. Seeing this caused her to be surprised, as it was clear that he was in a dire situation with little to no chance of resolving it. Being placed in an entirely new world with seemingly no memory of any past events prior to his entrance should've been more than enough to drive him insane for hours on end, and yet it only did so upon hearing this for the first time.

". . . Well, I doubt I'll be back on Earth anytime soon, so I should at least try to find somewhere to stay for the time being. I'll also need to get a map, some weapons, and. . ."

". . .I'm surprised you're so calm about this. . ." Erica muttered, gaining his attention once more.

". . .Huh?" His eyes realigned to hers in slight confusion.

Slipping a bang behind her ear, she decided to further assess his composure and ability to produce methodical thinking. "I mean, you did get placed in an entirely new world, where things could possibly be immensely different in comparison to your homeworld. . .Not only that, your memories could've been tampered with to the point of not remembering things that are special to you. Doesn't that scare you?" She asked, a discourse of wind breezing past them in another brief moment of silence.

"Well. . .I can't say that I'm not bothered by all of this, since I did go into a panic earlier. . .But I can't exactly find any resolve from letting the fear of not knowing this place, nor losing a few memories get to me, you know? It'll only get in the way of trying to recover them, as well as a way for me to get back home." He explained, scratching his head and nervously chuckling at her question. It was understandable that she felt some sort of empathy towards his circumstances, but he could manifest a calm state of mind from conceptualizing that there was no point in panicking while he was here.

". . .You're right. Well, I'll do whatever I can to help." She nodded,