Chapter 4 - "Departure."

After their short sparring match, both Raikō and Erica decided on cutting work short, to celebrate his first weapon. Doing so, they went to the inner area of Sumire, sitting on the Bullhead Pads with Ice Cream.

"Cheers, to Azure Unmei!" Erica shouted, as their hands lightly tapped against one another in celebration. After such was done, they began to dig in. Raikō was hesitant, his expression changing upon the first taste. But soon enough, he was eating it at a rather quick rate.

". . .Hrk!" Raikō held his head, groaning from a brain freeze. Erica giggles at this, almost dropping her own Ice Cream.

"I did tell ya' to slow down, the last time we got Ice Cream." She states as he waves his hand to shoo away her smugness.

"Yeah yeah. . . Leave me be." He mumbled, looking away from her in embarrassment. After the brain freeze ended, he finished off his Ice Cream, still amazed by its flavor.

"So, what did you think?" Erica asked, only eating half of her own, as the stick was visible on both ends.

"The idea of putting Sea Salt on Ice Cream did put me off at first, but they nailed it, perfectly."  He said, stuffing the stick back in its wrapper and setting it aside.

"Salty, but Sweet. . . Who would've thought that such a delicacy was possible?" Erica asked rhetorically.

"Dunno, but they made one hell of a treat." He chuckled, before observing his new sword again. The sword glistened in the sun, nearly blinding him from its glow. It was entrancing, in a way.

". . .Well, aren't you colored impressed." Erica leaned in, observing the sword as well.

"We've spent one whole month, working together and building this thing." He added, dragging his fingers along the groove of the blade, as it shifts into its Shotgun Counterpart. The port was filled with regular 12 Gauge Rounds, due to Rodin's lack of dust shells.

"Mhm. . . Time sure flies by, doesn't it?" Erica said, her eyes closing. She recalled a myriad of memories, as the two were working hard day by day to make easy money. There were even times where the two would simply go out to eat, or even read books together, to help aid his knowledge on the essentials of long-ranged weapons, as well as dust.

She had grown fond of him. And so did he for her, although he wasn't much for showing it. But they had become the best of friends, over that time.

"Hey, Erica?"

"Yeah, Raikō?"

"We've had a lot of fun over this past month, haven't we?" He asked, getting a smile from her.

"Of course, we did. . .We've built a weapon together, worked together, read together, and even sparred together." She said, her smile disappearing. Although they've shared so much time, a thought began to cross her mind. One that she wanted to neglect, ever since they've become friends.

". . .Guess you could say this was one hell of a break, right?" He stated, turning to see a saddened Erica, once again.

". . .Erica?" He scooted over, hesitantly hovering his hand above her shoulder.

". . .I'll be going into Beacon, pretty soon. . .Not only that, you'll be traveling all over to recover your memories. . .We won't be able to hang around each other, will we?" She asked, his hand lowering, as he began to think. These were his plans, and he couldn't let up on them, given that there's a possibility he was brought here by some unjust force. But on the other hand, there was a friend of his that was still here, despite the distance that was soon to come.