Chapter 18 - The Flashback

Songs in this Chapter -

- Wonder - Shawn Mendes

Flashback - Summer 1994

The boy was setting up on stage before their gig tonight. They still had a couple of hours but he wanted to make sure everything was ready.

The rest of venue was a buzz with staff rushing around getting things ready, this was a pretty big gig for December Rock, and he was nervous.

He loved his band mates like family but he wasn't sure if this was a forever thing. 

"Hey River!" Someone shouting at him bringing him out his thoughts looking over to the bar area as messy haired boy came over jumping up on the stage to greet him.

"Dude! Hows it going Patterson?" He said bring him into a bro hug. The best part of being in a band for him was all the other bands they got to meet along the way, LA was big but when you were trying to make it you started to run into the same bands who were trying to do the same.

"Yeah not too bad, working our way up you know, we just came to see you guys play" Luke said looking around at the instrument on the stage, Jack was always seemed to do the set up he thought.

"I have a feeling thats not the only reason you're here" He said raising his eye brows and plugging the last thing in and they both sat on the edge on the stage looking out at the venue.

"Alright we're also trying to get in with the promoter here, going to ambush him see if we can get a gig." He said laughing.

"A Sunset Curve class."

Everyone on the band circuit knew of Sunset Curve, the boys were talented but they were also determined. They played everywhere and anywhere. He wished he knew how they got so many gigs. Must be all the book clubs they went to her thought letting out a little laugh.

Before they could say anything else he saw the other members walk into the venue and he caught the eye of his favourite.

"Reginald!" He shouted jumping down from the stage greeting the bassist bringing him in for a hug.

The boys of Sunset Curve where about a couple years younger than him but he felt a little protective over them, especially Reggie. Just something about his innocent smile, he was the kinda of guy you'd let your daughter date, he thought.

"Jack! Dude! Came to see you guys play tonight." Reggie smiled at him, he liked Jack. It was hard to hang out with other bands when you were in one, always so busy, but December Rock were so similar to their band they ended up playing the same places a lot of the time.

"Thanks, hows the country song coming on?" He said slipping his hands into his jeans.

"Oh don't get him started! Why do you do this every time." It was Alex being over dramatic as always.

"It's coming on great thanks." Reggie said slap Alex in the chest. "But could do with you looking at it."

Reggie took his backpack off and started going thought it in search of his song, making both Jack and Alex laugh.

As he did a white top fell from the bag falling on the floor, Jack bent down to pick it up looking at it. "Dude you guys got merch? This is so cool!"

"Keep it." Luke said coming up behind him leaning on his shoulder. "Give it to Molly, she'll look great in it." He said with a smirk moving to lean up against the bar.

"Ok you can stay away from my girlfriend Patterson" He said pointing a finger in his face and then laughing. "She'll be here later if you want to try your luck."