x Chapter Seven x

Some time has passed after that evening. Fu Yao haven't seen Nan Feng after this night. Both haven't the time. Fu Yao and Nan Feng have a lot of things to do. Nan Feng must explain the situation about the ghost and tell it to his general. The ghost problem was a problem, that Ling Wen also ask for Xuan Zhen's Palace help. General Xuan Zhen wasn't sure should he let Fu Yao handle the problem. But he also heard about the situation in the Nan Yang Palace. That General Nan Yang lost three of his junior-officer. Fu Yao haven't even the time to go in the garden to see the flowers. He sighed, when he finished another paperwork. He must write a lot of reports when he came back of a mission. Fu Yao looked out the window. It was a beautiful day. It was very peaceful. But he has so much paperwork. Fu Yao turn his eyes to his hands again. Focus Fu Yao, focus. He concentrated on his chores again and finished his chores that afternoon. Exhausted and yet relieved at the same time, he stretched.

He stands up. Now he wants to go for a walk before he is probably picked up by Cai Yue again. She went to see him many times and asked questions. She often asks if Nan Feng would take care of him because he was wounded. Fu Yao only explained that Nan Feng had no time when he was always on a mission. Cai Yue wasn't happy with this answer, but didn't say anything. He tidied up the papers and brought them to his general. When he got to the door, he knocked on the door. General Xuan Zhen let him inside. ,,Xuan Zhen Jiangjun, I bring you the reports", Fu Yao said. ,,Put it on the table." Mu Qing didn't bother to look. Fu Yao put it on Mu Qing table and leave the room without saying anything. He knows, that his general have a lot of paperwork to do. Fu Yao go out. Should he go to the garden today? Fu Yao smiled when he got to the apple tree. It's a nice style. The wind lies in his hair lightly to the wind. Your eyes are on the beautiful flowers of the tree.

The sun scares the beautiful flowers of the trees. He really like the flowers in the Xuan Zhen garden. But he can't stop thinking about the flowers in the Nan Yang garden. Suddenly someone jumped over the wall. Fu Yao looked up in surprise. The person landed next to him. ,,Are you dump!?", Fu Yao ask him and try not to scream. Nan Feng look at him, the hands behind his back. ,,But I know you are here", Nan Feng says. Fu Yao roll his eyes. ,,What do you want?!" Nan Feng looked in Fu Yao's eyes. Nan Feng come closer to Fu Yao. Fu Yao stepped back. ,,What do you want?", Fu Yao ask again. But this time his voice was a bit unsteady and quiet. ,,Close your eyes." Fu Yao is confused. But he close his eyes. He felt Nan Feng take his hands. Fu Yao can feel Nan Feng's big hands. They were warm. So warm. Nan Feng gently touched Fu Yao's fingertips with his hand. Fu Yao blushed from the tender touch. But he hasn't opened his eyes. Then he felt something cold and hard in his hands. That felt like a mug.

,,Now, open your eyes." 

Slowly Fu Yao open his eyes. 

His eyes going bigger. He can't believe what he saw. He was holding a flower pot in one hand. In this pot was a small dwarf tree. It is blooming magnificently. It was the flowers that bloomed in Nan Yang garden. Furthermore, it was a small tree of the same parentage as the tree Fu Yao had always looked at. Fu Yao doesn't know what he can say.

,,W-What... why did you...?"

,,Happy birthday", Nan Feng smiled at him.

Fu Yao felt the warmth around his chest. ,,How did you know it?", Fu Yao ask him.

,,You said you like the flowers in the Nan Yang garden. And today is your birthday", Nan Feng smiled.

Fu Yao look down to the flowers and smiled.

,,How did you know that is my birthday?"

,,Cai Yue told me."

Fu Yao smiled to the flowers than to Nan Feng.