Chapter 5

I went downstairs and saw uncle and abhi talking in the living room and greeted them.

"Good morning uncle. Good morning abhi" I said.

"Good morning bhabhi" Abhi greeted back.

"Good morning riya and please call me dad just like abhi and avinash." Uncle said.

"Sure uncle, I mean dad." I said smiling.

It's been so long I have called someone dad. I miss my mom,dad and bro so much.

Btw I don't know where is avinash's mom. I have never seen her.

"Can I ask you something dad?"

"Yes sure." Dad replied.

"Where is Avinash's mom? I've never seen her." I asked

"She died from cancer some years back." He said sadly. I can see love for her in his eyes.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said.

"It's okay" Dad said but I can see he is sad now so I changed the topic.

"I should go and make breakfast for you."

"No, its okay. Sunita has made breakfast."

"Who is sunita?" I asked

"She's the chef. She make breakfast, lunch and dinner daily for us." He answered.

"Okay, but please can I make lunch today?" I asked as I love to cook.

"Yes beta. You don't need to ask to me. Now it's your house too."

I nodded my head smiling.

I then noticed that Avinash is nowhere.

"Where is Avinash? Has he done breakfast?" I asked.

"Your husband is a workaholic bhabhi. He stays in his office more than his house and eat there only" Abhi said doing something in his laptop.

I nodded

"Sir, ma'am breakfast is ready." A lady in her early 40's said entering.

"She's sunita, our chef." Dad said

"Hello ma'am" She said smiling.

"Hello aunty and please call me riya." I said and she nodded.

Then we went to the table and started eating .

After breakfast I went to the kitchen and saw sunita aunty talking with a lady same of her age.

"Riya, she's meena and she is the House cleaner." Sunita aunty said introducing her.

I was just talking to them when my phone rang.

"Excuse me" I said and went to pick up the call and saw it was my best friend janvi.

"Hey janvi"

"Hi riya, how're you? How's everything there? How is your hot and handsome husband treating you? Did you do anything last night?" She asked in one breath.

"Everything's good here and I have not seen Avinash as he had already gone to his office before I woke up and no we didn't do anything as you already know it's an arranged marriage not love marriage." I said.

"I know that but I also know you both will fall in love soon" She said dreaming.

"Sure janvi, sure." I replied sarcastically thinking about last night when he said he doesn't believe in love.

"You'll see riya. Btw when are you going to come back to office? It's so boring without you here." She asked.

"I don't know but I'll try soon" I replied.

"Okay. Talk to you later. Bye." Janvi said as someone was calling her name.

"Okay bye."