Chapter 6

Riya

As I was getting ready, a lot of thoughts were running in my mind. Our reception was going to start in few hours and my nervousness was at the peek. It was a social event and many people were going to be there and media would be clicking our pictures and asking us questions. I don't want to embarrass Avinash and his family.

I was lost in my thoughts when Avinash knocked on the door and asked me to come out.

"Yes, I'll be out in a minute." I said looking myself in the mirror one last time.

For the reception, I was wearing a beautiful sky blue colour off shoulder gown. For jewellery, I was wearing a diamond necklace with matching earrings which dad gave me in the morning. At last, I wore a pair of high heels.

Taking some deep breaths, I came outside to see Avinash already staring at me.

He was looking like a greek god in his baby blue three-piece tuxedo with a white shirt underneath it  He is so handsome.

Coming out of my thoughts, I walked towards him and said "Hey."

"You look beautiful." He said looking at me with so much adoration.

"Uh, thankyou and you too." I said blushing and he asked did I say he look beautiful to which I quickly replied handsome. He chuckled.

I saw him and he was thinking something.

"C'mon, let's go. Everyone's waiting." He said and I nodded.

Avinash

After getting ready, I checked my watch and it was time to go down. Tonight was our reception party. As we have done court wedding, we had to organise a big reception for everyone.

I was just going to call Riya when someone knocked on my door. "Bro, everyone is waiting downstairs. Come fast." Abhi came to inform me.

"We will be there soon." I told him and after he left the room, I knocked on the closet door where Riya was getting ready.

"Are you done, Riya?" I asked.

A soft voice came from inside "Yes, I'll be out in a minute."

"Okay." I said.

As I was scrolling something in my phone, the sound of door opening reached my ears.

I lifted my head to give her a brief look but when I saw her everything froze.

She was looking so pretty in her dress that I couldn't take my eyes off her.

"Hey" She said coming towards me.

I didn't realise I was staring at her for too long.

"You look beautiful." I complimented.

"Uh, thankyou and you too." She blushed. She looks adorable.

Wait, what? Adorable? From when did I started using words like these? And did she say I look beautiful?

"I look beautiful?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"I mean handsome" She quickly said blushing hard. I chuckled. I wish I could kiss her right now.

What am I saying? I don't even know her properly and now I want to kiss her.

"C'mon, let's go. Everyone is waiting." I asked her to accompany me.

When we finally reached the entrance of the hall, I moved closer to her and put my hand on small of her waist and her breath hitched.

Every pair of eyes turned towards us, some with admiration, some with adoration and some with a hint of bitterness.

Please vote and comment. I would really appreciate it.