Chapter 1

10 years later

" This is not fair Riya, you have to join us it's my birthday. " Janvi insisted.

" You know I can't. Have you forgotten what they're like? They'll not let me go anywhere. " I said, apologetically.

Yes, I'm 22 and not allowed to attend my friend's birthday.

Janvi is mt best friend and we have known each other since high school. We now work in the same company which belongs to my uncle.

She knows everything about me and my past and has been always there for me and stuck by my side.

Now, it's been 10 years since everything changed and I have been living with my uncle, aunt and cousin Tina. She always calls me an orphan and look at me with disgust. I don't know what's wrong with her.

Uncle and aunt were only good with me for a week and then my aunt told me that I have to do all the household chores or they will not let me study.

So, I used to do all the work and study as well but now I have completed my studies and working as an accountant in my uncle's company.

" Riya! " Janvi called breaking my train of thoughts.

"Hmm? "

"So, will you come? "

" You know I can't. I'm not allowed to live my life the way I want. " I told her.

" I know, you need to stand up for yourself but remember that I'll always be there for you. " she said.

"Yeah, I know. " I sighed.

" Riya" Mohit, uncle' assistant called entering to my cabin.

" Yes? "

" Sir called you in his office. " he informed.

" Okay, I'm coming. "

" What does he want now? " I thought

" Go and find out. We'll talk later. " Janvi said and left.