Chapter 2

I arrived at my uncle's office and knocked before entering.

" What took you so long? " Uncle asked annoyed.

" I was doing some work."  I said

" Some important guests will be coming home today. So go and clean the house and make dinner for everyone." He ordered.

" Okay."  I said and went back to my cabin.

I took my bag with me and informed janvi that today I'll be going early.

I reached the house in 15 minutes and changed my work clothes and started cleaning .

When it was all done I took the shower and went to kitchen and started preparing dinner.

After 1 hour, I heard the door bell and went to open it. I opened the door and there were 3 men.

One looked like he was in his 50's. The other one looked younger. He was handsome, muscular and had a strong jawline. He looked like he was in his 20's  and had an resemblance to the older man and the other looked like in his 30's. He had some papers in his hands.

" Welcome." I said politely inviting them inside the house.

The older one smiled at me and the other two just had blank face.

" Where is Mr. Mehra?" The one in his 30's asked me.

" Come in. They are in the living room." I told them.

As we entered the living room, I saw my uncle, aunt and Tina sitting on the couch. Tina was wearing a very short dress and her face was caked with make up.

" Good evening, Mr.Kapoor." Uncle and aunt greeted them.

I came to know that the older man is Mr. Raj Kapoor and the one in his 20's was his son Avinash kapoor who is now the ceo of kapoor industries and the other one is a lawyer.

Kapoor's are very rich and famous for their business all over the world.

" Go and bring some snacks." Aunt said ordering me.

I nodded and went to bring some snacks.

When I entered there, the lawyer was talking to uncle.

" As you know, your father signed a contract with Mr. Raj's father that his Granddaughter will be given to his Grandson ( avinash ) as his wife. so we're here to inform you that your daughter will be marrying Mr. Avinash next week." he said.

I was shocked to hear that but by looking at uncle, aunt and tina I knew they were happy as kapoor family was the most powerful family here.

I gave all of them snacks which I made.

" This is so good. Did you make it?" Raj uncle asked me. I nodded. He was looking at me suspiciously and after some time he asked

" Are you Akhil and Divya's Daughter?" he asked me refering to my mom and dad.

" Yes." I replied with a smile.

" You look just like your mother. She was a very sweet woman and your father was my best friend. I still miss both of them."  Uncle said lovingly.

" So what's your name?" he asked me.

" Riya." I replied.

" So, what all preparations we have to do for the wedding?" Uncle asked changing the topic.

"No need to do anything. We'll do court wedding." Their lawyer said.

" But I want my wedding the best that everyone will remember." Tina said.

"Wait." Avinash interrupted.

"The contract states that I have to marry mehra's daughter, right?" He added.

" Yes." The lawyer replied with a nod.

" So, I'll not marry Ms.Tina. I'll marry her. She is also a mehra." He said pointing at me.

I froze.

Did he really just said that?

" But riya can't marry you." Uncle said

" It's a good idea. My best friend's daughter will be my daughter-in-law. But why she can't marry?" Raj uncle spoke.

" She's just 22." Uncle said.

" So what, we'll not stop her from doing anything. She can do whatever she wants." Raj uncle said.

" Okay, as you wish." Uncle said defeatedly.

" Okay, so we'll be meeting in the court next week."  Raj uncle said.

"We'll take you to our home soon." Uncle said to me with a smile. I smiled back.

Well, nobody asked me if I want to marry.

Avinash looked at me one last time and went out.

Now only uncle, aunt and tina were in the room.

" But dad, I want to marry him." Tina said.

" I too want that but we can't go against them so we don't have any other option." He sighed.

"Well, at least she'll be out of our house now." Aunt said and left the room with tina.

" So, now you will get married next week. Be ready." Uncle said and left.

Okay, then.

Now, I have to tell janvi everything that happened today.

I'll be soon Mrs.Kapoor.