Chapter 12: Echo of... Jay.

Reader Key:

(Y/N) = Your Name.

(N/N) = Your Nickname.

(H/L) = Hair Length.

(H/C) = Hair Colour.

(E/C) = Eye Colour.

Author's Note: This will be slowly updated as not to give away something in the main story.

(Third Person P.O.V)

______ Echo ______

Days passed. Dark circles under (Y/N)'s (E/C) eyes had since become her signature look.

Jay was the first to notice it. Of course, all his brothers, Nya and Sensei Wu had eventually noticed. But Jay had been the first to notice how (Y/N) began lacking the same energy they'd all known and how uninterested in anything that didn't involve Zane (Y/N) was recently.

Seriously it was as if Zane had become the main focus in her life now. If Zane wanted something. Just politely asking for something in his own courteous way, that sometimes the other ninja ignored. (Y/N) was straight onto them. Making damn sure Zane got exactly what he'd asked for from them.

Help with the dishes. (Y/N) would drag whichever ninja Zane had asked was dragged straight into the kitchen and shove them right in front of that kitchen sink. Help shopping on a busy day. The ninja or ninjas would be physically dragged along and forced to assist.

Zane wanted peace and quiet for meditation. He got it. Hanging out. Zane got that. Whatever, wherever, whenever (Y/N) made sure Zane's whims would be catered too.

But any time Lloyd came around, (Y/N) would turn her back on him. When he'd come into the room to ask (Y/N) something? She'd turn and make an excuse to leave.

Jay was also the first to notice how much it affected Lloyd. He noticed how any time (Y/N) would avoid Lloyd he'd tense up, almost like he was about to cry.

And Jay wasn't far off from the truth. Every time (Y/N) made an excuse to avoid Lloyd, Lloyd could feel a tiny piece of his heart cracking. He could feel how apprehensive (Y/N) was around him, and it hurt.

It was bizarre for the residents of the bounty to watch. It was as if Zane had somehow traded places with Lloyd in her mind and now Zane had her unwavering loyalty.

What had really thrown Jay was two things that had happened just after Lloyd's departure for his tour around Ninjago to accept all sorts of awards.

Jay's parents had invited both him and (Y/N) over to their beloved junkyard. The pair plus Cole's dad had apparently been in contact with the police in hopes of finding (Y/N)'s parents or even her true identity.

As far as the Ninjago city police were able to find no one fitting (Y/N)'s age or appearance had been reported recently and no identity paperwork was found either. So Ed and Edna had something to ask both Jay and (Y/N).