Chapter 1: Echo of... Abandonment

Reader Key

(Y/N) = Your Name

(H/L) = Hair Length

(H/C) = Hair Colour

(E/C) = Eye Colour

(N/N) = Nickname

Author's Note: This will be a spin-off from the main story Chaotic shattering.

(Y/N) let out a groan and struggle as much as she could but the one carrying her never letting go.

They just patted her back to help her coughing up more seawater and carried her inside the Lighthouse prison.

"It is ok, I am Zane I was built to protect those who cannot protect themselves." A voice said.

"It did sound like Zane's voice only a little higher and cuter almost like an echo." (Y/N) thought to herself as she drifted off to sleep.

"At least I'm alive, for now." (Y/N) thought and slowly drift off into an uncomfortable sleep.

Echo Zane looked out the window of the lighthouse's top floor to a seemingly endless ocean surrounding the island from all sides.

"Why didn't Father take me with him?" Echo Zane thought to himself eyebrows furrowed. As he lay the person down he'd rescued down on his father's bed.

Echo Zane looked at his feet again silently thinking over his question in his head. He had thought about this question and always came to the same conclusion. "It was because he wasn't Zane. The real Zane."

This whole ordeal had awoken feelings he couldn't quite describe. Emotions were complicated things to him at any time but this was new.

He felt empty. Not in the way he felt when one of his gears fell out or a limb came off. It felt as if he was missing something he couldn't think of no matter how hard he tried.

Echo Zane's entire life was Doctor Julien and the lighthouse prison. He had no means of finding something better, nor even the possibility of finding someone, anyone to talk to.

Echo Zane had never met another person before besides his father... But his father had been a boy and this was a girl.

Echo Zane continued to sit beside her and monitor her recovery. She been in the cold ocean water for too long and had cramped up and was now very sick.

Echo Zane looked down at her slowly soothing her damp hair.

The reason he was made was to replace the real Zane. But when he came back his father didn't need him anymore so he'd been left behind.

After a time, Echo Zane stood up reluctantly. (Y/N) had moved in her sickened state. She caught sight of Echo Zane and reached for him. "Cute... Just Like an echo... Zane..." (Y/N) said and fell back into her feverous nightmares.

That made Echo Zane perk up. "I am Zane. Built to protect those who cannot protect themselves." Echo Zane told her holding her hand in his rusted copper one.

Echo Zane could feel his systems whirring after she'd called him cute. He'd never been complimented before it was nice.

Then an idea came to him. If his father could replace him, he could replace father. Echo Zane gently stroked (Y/N)'s face.

She'd been left behind too... The real Zane had taken father and she'd been left behind to die... But he was also Zane, built to protect those who cannot protect themselves...

And she could use some protecting... She'd be safe ... And he really liked that thought... The thought of her being safe and kept far away from all that could hurt her...

He'd never be alone again...