Chapter 13: Echo of... Kai.

Reader Key:

(Y/N) = Your Name.

(N/N) = Your Nickname.

(H/L) = Hair Length.

(H/C) = Hair Colour.

(E/C) = Eye Colour.

Author's Note: This will be slowly updated as not to give away something in the main story.

(Third Person P.O.V)

______ Echo ______

What Kai Smith had learned from all of this was that (Y/N) was an overprotective sibling who had no problem beating up someone who picked on her brother. This included himself, random people and any villain that existed in Ninjago.

He had also learned Zane had a girlfriend who would beat up anyone who so much as looked at Zane wrong. This also included himself, random people and any villain that existed in Ninjago.

This was such a well-known fact that none of the kids formerly from Darkly's School for Bad Boys turned Wu's Academy would never misbehave in Zane's class; they sat still and were on their absolute best behaviour for Zane.

Kai got the distinct feeling that they were all afraid of teachers assistant (Y/N). Who proudly sat at the side desk helping Zane oversee his class.

Jay's class on the other hand were a little rowdier but nonetheless behaved themselves and reserved their pranks for Kai and Cole. Nya's class also strangely behaved themselves. But Kai was pretty sure that had nothing to do with (Y/N).

Kai's class on the other hand were unholy terror set on destroying Kai's sanity, dignity and anything else they could get their grubby little hands on.

Kai was stuck on playground duty with Cole and Sensei Wu. While Nya and Jay were having lunch together. Kai could see Nya and Jay through the windows that led to the playground. Jay had brought some pudding cups to share with Nya that Zane was kind enough to freeze before he left to find (Y/N) and join her for lunch.

To say Kai was a little ticked was an understatement. Things just seemed to work out for the four of them lately while the rest of the team were taking the hits. Kai just couldn't figure it out.

A prank meant for Jay stuck Kai instead. Zane was supposed to be responsible for something and suddenly it fell to Sensei Wu. Nya didn't have time to spend with Jay all of a sudden things happened like a shipment was delayed or arrived early, Cole desperately needed to trade places with Nya to accommodate his schedule or avoid his dad and suddenly Nya's schedule opened up for her to see Jay.

No one even dared the thought of leaving (Y/N) alone with the kids so that was right out. So she did whatever she wanted. Which was thankful to stick by Zane's or her brother's side.

Kai just couldn't put his finger on it. None of this made sense. He also couldn't stop the feeling of unease that was nipping at the back of his brain.