Chapter 4: Echo of ... Mistakes

Reader Key

(Y/N) = Your Name

(H/L) = Hair Length

(H/C) = Hair Colour

(E/C) = Eye Colour

(N/N) = Nickname

(Third Person P.O.V)

Echo had no idea what he was feeling. Every time he looked at (Y/N) these past few weeks, he just wanted to curl up with her and just stay there.

It was night so (Y/N) and Echo were both sitting on the bed by the lamp, (Y/N) was reading her book and Echo was just studying her.

When (Y/N) would glance at him, Echo would look away blushing. Smirking (Y/N) turned it into a little game trying to catch Echo staring at her.

This cute little game went on for an hour before (Y/N) politely asked. "What is it Echo?"

"Um, well I, you see (Y/N)." Echo stuttered and took a deep breath calming himself. "Lately, every time I look at you (Y/N) I just want to hold you."

"Are you saying you want to cuddle, Echo?" (Y/N) questioned and Echo tilted his head. "I do not know what you mean."

"That's ok I'll show you." (Y/N) said and scooting closer to Echo. (Y/N) laid her head on Echo's chest and wrapped her arm around Echo's torso.

"Now you put your arms around me." (Y/N) instructed. Slowly Echo embraced (Y/N).

"And this is cuddling?" Echo asked. "Yep, this is pretty much it. Could you lean back against the pillows though, so I can get a bit more comfortable?" (Y/N) asked and Echo complied.

After a little bit more sifting they were both final comfortable. (Y/N) was reading her book resting her head on Echo's chest like a pillow.

Echo was enjoying the warmth with his arm securely around (Y/N) waist to give her a hug every so often. "We should do cuddling more often." Echo said rubbing his face into (Y/N)'s hair.

(Y/N) made an affirmative noise still reading her book.

Echo's free hand stroked (Y/N)'s cheek in a gentle manner. "Your skin is so soft." Echo tells her.

(Y/N) could feel Echo's lips touch her forehead.

"(Y/N) It was horrible not receiving any form of affection from my father." Echo began cuddling (Y/N) tighter.

(Y/N) raised an eyebrow Echo was worried about something but didn't want to tell her.

"(Y/N) I want you to understand that I will not make the same mistake." Echo told her.

(Y/N) patted Echo. "It's alright, Echo I don't mind if you make mistakes." (Y/N) told him going back to her book missing the tone in Echo's voice.