Chapter 17.

I'm shivering as we sit in the bed of his truck. Luckily, Rivers thought to bring blankets. We lay one down on the bed and the others we wrap around ourselves. My teeth are chattering as I listen to Rivers talk about his life back in New York.

Rivers stops talking and looks at me, "I'm boring you, aren't I?"

"What? No! I love hearing you talk, I don't care what you're saying." I said, fully meaning every word that was leaving my mouth. I didn't even hesitate with my words, they flowed so easy when I was around him. Everything felt perfect when I was with him. Even my voices had gone silent.

Rivers smiles, "Elijah," He says,

"Yeah?"

"You like me, right?"

"Rivers," I say.

"Yeah?"

"How could I not?"

Rivers looks into my eyes and his gaze falls to my lips.  My heart pounds in my chest, my cheeks growing warm. "Can I kiss you, ELijah?" Rivers whispers.

"Please." I beg, staring into Rivers god amazing eyes.

He leans in slowly, hesitating before his lips touch mine. Then he dives into the kiss, our lips meeting for the first time. My entire body goes crazy. It was as if this kiss was the kiss that I have been waiting for my entire life. As if these lips were the lips I would be kissing for the rest of my life.

His hands run through my hair and mine are on his chest. His body rocks as he goes from a gentle kiss to an aggressive one. He gently bites my bottom lip and I groan. He pulls away.

"Elijah," he says.

"Yeah?"

"You're amazing." He leans back in and our lips collide. My heart in my chest is beating faster than it ever has, my entire body is longing for his touch. His hands move down my head and around my waist. He kisses my cheek and trails down to my neck where he kisses me over and over again.

He pulls away again. He stares me in my eyes and I say, "Why are you so perfect?"

He chuckles, and lays beside me, cuddling up close. "I'm far from that, Elijah."

"No, seriously. I have thought about you non-stop and I still cannot find a single thing about you that doesn't match perfection."

Rivers looks to the night sky, with the stars in all their glory. "There's still so much you don't know about me."

I wrap my arms around him, hearing his heartbeat makes me feel safe. "I want to know everything."

He laughs, "I'm not sure you will be saying that once you learn." He looks back at me, "What's your biggest secret?"

My heart stops. My thoughts immediately go to the voices.

"Don't you dare tell him about us." Reid says in my mind.

"You can trust him, Elijah." Saraphina says in a hushed voice.

Then my thoughts go to you. I haven't told anyone about my abusive father who is in prison. That's just a secret that stays that way.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. What will it be, Elijah? The abusive father, or the voices? It should be easy, but after never opening up to anyone about either, it feels so hard. Finally, I answer.