ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸𝟼: ᴀʟʟ ᴀʙᴏᴀʀᴅ!

Hey Everyone! How'd your Christmas go? Did you get what you want?? Great 75k READS HOLY MOLY. LETS GET INTO IT! Sorry for any mistakes hope you enjoy it!
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Y/n entered the broken-down building Sitting next to Blake. Seems like he joined in right when Yang wanted to complain.

Yang: I can't believe we didn't find anything...

Blake: We've always been fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time. I guess we can't always have luck on our side.

Weiss: That's not what I meant.

Blake: Huh?

Weiss: Earlier, about... upholding the legacy. There's more to it than that.

Yang: Yeah... No, me too. I mean... I don't know.

Blake: I don't know, either. I know what I want to do, but I figured I'd always take things one step at a time.

Yang: Well, it doesn't matter. We know why we're here. Right?

Y/n: Something wrong ladies? I don't have single clue what you talking about.

Blake: Well Dr. Oobleck asked us why we want to become a huntress.

Y/n: Ahh the old 'Why are you doing this?' Question."

Blake: You seem to be knowledgeable in that.

Y/n: Yeah my home used that phrase a lot. And I'm mean A lot.

Yang: Right..

Dr. Oobleck zooms into the room.

Oobleck: Ah, wonderful; a textbook campfire!

Ruby: Fire!" She said coming from behind Oobleck. "So... warm..." she said and sat right next to the blaze with Oobleck.

Y/n: What do you guys wanna eat? I'm starving" he said stretching.

Weiss: Maybe something light. It is late after all.

Y/n snapped his finger and out came a table with neatly stacked sandwiches.

Ruby: OOOOO LOOKS YUMMY!

They all grabbed some sandwiches.

Oobleck: Very good! Eat your dinners and hurry to bed. We have a lot of ground to cover tomorrow and we'll need you to take turns keeping watch over our temporary abode. Any volunteers for the first watch?

The greyed-eyed female raised her hand answering with a simple.

Ruby: Yo.

Oobleck smiles and rushes off, and Ruby gets up to go over to her lookout point. As Ruby passes, Yang stops her.

Yang: Ruby Hey, did Oobleck ask you why you wanted to be a Huntress? I mean... what did you tell him?

Ruby: Hmm... No, he didn't. Weird. Oh, well good night, guys!" Without a second carefree thought, she continues on her way.

Yang looking disappointed in the lack of an answer. Blake had a similarly troubled face as she unrolls her mat.

Weiss tries lying down but fails to sleep, Yang half-heartedly eats her dinner of sandwiches.

Soon, all three Huntresses are on their backs around the fire, weapons within easy access, wondering why they are there.

Ruby, meanwhile, is sitting on the vacant windowsill of the room as Zwei goes over to her upon hearing the howling of Beowolves. She pets her pooch on the back.