Chapter 6: In A New Town

"Shh, you have to be quiet! We don't want to wake her up now, do we?!" A hushed voice whispered from above (Y/n)'s head.

Still groggy from hitting her head, the girl unsteadily opened her eyes as she tried to look around, barely able to maintain consciousness. As her eyes slowly and carefully glanced about, (Y/n) saw that she was moving through the middle of a dark wood, though she wasn't moving of her own accord.

She peered to her left only to be met with the body of someone in a black pinstripe suit carrying her in their arms. With her eyes quickly growing tired again, she looked the other side to see a pale, white dog floating in the air. 

"A flying dog?... How is that possible?..." (Y/n) thought wearily to herself as she remained limp in the arms of the stranger.

The dog, who strangely had a glowing orange nose, barked in reply to the slender figure holding her as they strode towards an unknown destination.

"Zero, we have to get to town to make sure she's alright. You know as well as I do that she hasn't opened her eyes since we found her in that clearing."

Finally looking up at her rescuers face, she saw a man with snow white hair and an extremely pale complexion. His head also turned slightly to reveal that his teeth and eye socket were peeking out of his face.

With a combination of shock and fatigue, (Y/n)'s eyes closed once again, leaving her in a gloomy darkness as the man carried her further into the dim forest.

______________________________

"(Y/n), my silly girl..."

With a small groan, (Y/n) struggled to wake up as she heard a soft, almost distant voice echoed from beside her.

"(Y/n), darling... you have to get up now..." The voice spoke again, louder than the first time. Eyes finally breaking open,  (Y/n)'s  features contorted into a look of frustration and confusion as she searched for the source of the disturbance.

Positioned in the middle of a vast sea of darkness, (Y/n) looked to her side, where she could see the vague shape of another person standing perfectly still.

"Viola?... Is that you?" (Y/n) replied into the blank, empty void she was placed in.

(Y/n) tried to move in anyway she could, but her body remained where it was as the vague body spoke once again.

"Wake up...(Y/n)..."

"Where are we? Viola, what's going on?!"

"(Y/n), you must wake up now..." The apparition whispered at last as it moved to take a step.

"Answer me!"

"(Y/n)!" The shapeless hallucination loudly yelled in the girls face as it swiftly appeared in front of her.

With a loud gasp, (Y/n) shot up as she awoke from the frightening nightmare. Holding her chest to help herself calm her breathing, she shakily looked at her surroundings as she tried to clear her mind a bit.

Sitting upon a thin iron bed no bigger than herself, (Y/n) was inside a room built of bricks the shade of ebony, with black iron candelabras in the corners.

An eerie sense of discomfort washed over her as she threw the blankets off her body and cautiously set foot on the floor of the dingy room.

"What is this place?!" (Y/n) questioned herself as she backed up into the wall behind her, her eyes flicking back and forth to observe more of the environment she was currently in.