Chapter 10: Meeting the Doctor

"Jack, if you don't mind me asking, where exactly are we going?" (Y/n) asked as Jack stopped in front of a large tower with a big, round room on top.

"I have a few friends that live here that I would like you to meet. I have a feeling one of them might be able to help you." Jack said as he opened up a gate to let (Y/n) and Zero in after.

"Help me? In what way?"

"Help you get home! I figured since you were all alone on your first night here, you must want to get home as soon as possible! Your family and friends must miss you very much!"

"I'm not so sure about that..." Muttered (Y/n), crossing her arms across herself.

The merry expression on the skeleton man's face morphed into a look of uncertainty as he focused down at the girl next to him. 

"What do you mean? Won't they be excited to see you again?" He asked as he trudged up the rocky pathway to the building.

"It's... complicated at the moment. We got into a terrible argument and I ran out on them. It was a stupid thing to do." (Y/n) shrugged as she looked away from the pale man beside her.

"Well, I'm sure that whatever the problem was, it was can be fixed with a simple conversation. I'm positive you can get them to understand your side once you get back."  Jack reassured her as they finally reached the front door of the looming structure.

"I hope so..."

After knocking lightly on the door, Jack straightened his bowtie as the door slowly squeaked open. As light poured out from the entry, a skinny man in a wheelchair appeared.

"Hello? Who is it? What do you want?!" The man said as he gently moved the chair forward.

"It's Jack, Doctor. I've brought a friend along!"

"Oh, welcome, my boy! Bring your friend and yourself inside! How are you doing, Jack?"

"I'm fine, Doctor. My friend, Miss (Y/n) and I have a few questions."

"Ah, then, welcome, my child! I'm Dr. Finklestein, It's a pleasure to meet you!" the man said with a nod in (Y/n)'s direction.

"Thank you, sir. It's nice to meet you too."

"To what do I owe the pleasure of a visit from you both to? Halloween is still quite a ways away."

"Well, you see, we came to ask you for a favor."

"Ah, but of course. Walk with me and we'll talk as we go." Dr. Finklestein said, pushing a small lever on the arm of his wheelchair to scoot onward through the observatory.

"Now, tell me what the problem is."

"Miss (Y/n) here is staying with me as my guest for a while, but, well, the issue is-"

"Let me take a guess... You are not from Halloween Town, are you, my dear?" Inquired the doctor, quirking an eyebrow up at (Y/n) as he held up a hand to silence Jack.

"I'm afraid not, Doctor. I only got here the other night and even then, I have no idea how I got here in the first place."

"Hmm, that certainly is a predicament. I can see why Jack brought you to see me. Do you remember what happened before you arrived?"

"Yes, I do... I was running away from Alis- somebody- when I tripped and fell onto the ground. A blisteringly strong gust of wind blew all of the leaves around me off the ground and the next thing I know, I wake up in Jack's house after he found me unconscious in a clearing. It's very strange." (Y/n) answered as she timidly wrung her hands together.