Chapter 6:

The job was risky, but after a few minutes of convincing himself, Tubbo finally got the courage to make the short trip to Pogtopia.

The sun had gone down hours ago, and Tubbo was half way there. The boy had gotten a bit sidetracked when he saw two figures just up ahead.

Panicked, he hid behind a bush, and listened in on their conversation.

"I don't understand." One of the voices said, Tubbo recognized it to be Dreams, "Sapnap wouldn't just disappear like that."

"Maybe he didn't." George suggested.

"What do you mean by that?"

"I don't know... I still don't think he would leave without saying anything."

Tubbo's eyes narrowed as he watched Dream start to pace, "Well he must have!"

"Dream, we've looked for days! I think something bad must have—"

"Don't finish that sentence, George." Dream snapped, "I don't want to think about that."

"But what if that did happen?"

"Then... Then whoever did it will pay the consequences." Dream said darkly, which sent a shiver down Tubbo's spine.

He heard George sigh before their footsteps started to get further and further away. Once Tubbo was sure they were gone, he left his hiding spot and continued on to Pogtopia.

He made his way through the dirt entrance, and then headed down. Down in the ravine, Tubbo saw Wilbur, asleep and leaning against a wall.

There were no signs of anyone else, so Tubbo took the opportunity to go to Wilbur. "Will." He whispered, pushing against the tallers shoulder.

Wilbur cracked an eye open and then glanced over to who was there. "Tubbo?" He groaned, "What are you doing here? What time is it?"

Tubbo put on the best distressed expression he could, "I need help..." He said.

Wilbur rubbed his hands over his eyes to wake himself up and then he got to his feet, "What's up?"

Tubbo grabbed Wilbur's hand starting to lead him out of Pogtopia, not answering any of his questions.

Tubbo took Wilbur to the place where he and Karl were before Karl fell. Right at the top of the cliff, Tubbo pointed down. "Down there."

Wilbur raised an eyebrow, peeking down the cliff, "What about down there? I can't see anything, Tubbo. It's the middle of the night. Can't this wait til-" Wilbur gasped when he felt something above him, hard.

Out of pure panic he grabbed onto Tubbo's ankle, pulling the teenager down with him.

Tubbo gripped onto the edge of the cliff to stop himself from falling, and the pressure on his ankle disappeared.

The last thing Tubbo heard that night was a sickening, but all too familiar, splat. Tubbo shuddered as he pulled himself up, staring at the mess down below.

He got up, heading the tunnel he dug out when Karl first fell that led to the bottom of the cliff. He approached Wilbur, avoiding looking at his friends face, and then dragged Wilbur back to Manberg.

Luckily for Tubbo, his house was near a forestry area, so hiding Wilbur's body while he searched for a box wouldn't be hard.

Tubbo opened the door to his house, heading to the box room and grabbing an empty one. He screamed when Schlatt was stood in the middle of the front door.

"I see you're back already." He chuckled darkly.

Tubbo glanced down at the ground, "I am."

"Did you do it?"

"You shouldn't interrupt me, I'm working!" Tubbo raised his voice, "Unless you want to see what I'm going to have to do, I'd leave." He said and then walked past Schlatt.

Schlatt watched Tubbo walk into the bushes near his house, and then he walked back to his office.

***

Tubbo sat in the box room, colouring in an orca whale that he drew onto the newest box. He had a smile on his face while he scribbled along the box.

His smile disappeared when the door slammed open. He turned his head to see who was there, "Tommy." He blinked, "I'm busy."

"Tubbo!" Tommy stared at his friend, uneasily, "Wilbur's missing and..." He eyes the box that Tubbo has, "What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything." Tubbo turned away, continuing to colour.

Tommy took a step forward, "Tubbo, I'm not stupid." His voice had a stern tone to it.

"Never said you were." Tubbo dropped the marker, picking the box up and placing it with the others. "I'd watch your mouth before you say something you'll regret, Tommy."

"What's gotten into you?!" Tommy shouted, "Do you hear yourself right now?"

Tubbo turned to face Tommy, fully. His eyes held nothing but hostility towards Tommy. "Where's Wilbur?"

Tubbo grinned, "He's right here." He patted the box, "But you knew that, didn't you?"

Tommy blinked away tears, "Why?"

"I had no choice, but.. between you and me.. I enjoy this little collection!" He glanced down at the boxes, "It started off as a freak accident, with Karl losing his footing, but now I should thank him."

Tommy felt sick. He couldn't believe what was coming out of Tubbo's mouth. He couldn't believe his best friend could be capable of this.

"You're not supposed to be here, Tommy." Tubbo stepped closer. "Schlatt might make me do that same to you if he found out you were here."

Tommy frowned at the sudden change of the subject, "I'll leave just... stay away." His mind told him to run, and that's what he did. He ran out of Manberg, back to Pogtopia. Away from Tubbo.

Tubbo stood still for a good five minutes, thinking. He looked to another empty box, nodding to himself. He had an idea who he wanted to get next.

He took his marker and the empty box, and then drew a big smiley face on the side.

He grinned to himself, "Sapnap! Your friend will join you soon!" He giggled, placing the box into a safe place and then leaving to room to figure out how he'll get to the masked man.

Walking into his room, he chanted, "Oh, Dream!~"