Chapter 3:

Bro I can't be president, don't hmu
————

Days had passed and neither Karl or Sapnap had shown up. Now it was time for Dream and George to worry.

Dream went to their storage room, searching for weapons. He grabbed two iron swords, and a diamond axe. Not their best, but Dream wasn't going to risk losing their stronger weapons on some search party.

"Ready to go?" George asked when Dream returned. Dream nodded in response, taking the lead and leaving their house.

They travelled beyond their land, past Manberg. Dream stopped walking jumping a little when George ran into him.

"Wilbur!" Dream called out to the other male.

Wilbur turned to look at Dream, raising an eyebrow. "Dream. Is there something I can help you with?" He asked.

Dream nodded, "Have you seen Sapnap or Karl recently? They disappeared a few days ago, and we assumed that they went on some sort of adventure.. But now we're worried that something might've happened to them."

Wilbur stared into the dumb mask that Dream wore, and he glanced at George. "No, sorry. I haven't seen them."

Dream frowned, staring at the ground. "Thanks anyway." Wilbur shrugged, watching as Dream and George walked passed him. He glanced back in the direction of Manberg, hesitating before he turned around and headed back to Pogtopia.

***

Tubbo was tending to his garden, jumping when footsteps came rushing over to him. He looked over.

"Hey, Tubbo!" The Vice President smiled at the teenager.

Tubbo got to his feet, "Hi, Big Q!"

"Hey, listen." Quackity raised his hands slightly, as if trying to get Tubbo's attention, "Schlatt wanted me to collect something and it totally slipped my mind. Would you come with me? He might go easier on me if you're there too."

Tubbo nodded, "Of course! What do you need to get?"

"Worry about the details later, let's go!" Quackity then started to lead the way, out of Manberg. Tubbo shrugged and followed after him.

Quackity rummaged through other people's chests, huffing, "Man, I'm never gonna find it. Schlatt's gonna beat the shit out of me!" He complained.

Tubbo's gaze darkened, "I know what to do." He said, not meeting Quackity's eyes. "Come with me."

Quackity blinked but then followed Tubbo. If there's a chance he can get out of being murdered by Jschlatt, he'll take it.

Tubbo led Quackity into a foresty area nearby, walking into a cave. Tubbo glanced back, making sure that Quackity was still following.

"So uh... What's your plan?"

Tubbo pointed to the roof of the cave, and Quackity followed his gaze. "I don't see what you mean—" Quackity fell to the ground when something hard and blunt smacked him on the side of the head.

He was about to yell at Tubbo, asking him what that was about but then everything went black.

Tubbo gave Quackity one last hit before he dropped the axe he was holding. "I'll be right back, Big Q." He said before hurrying back to Manberg.

He ran through the entrance of Manberg, going to his house.

"Tubbo, where's my Vice President?" Schlatt's voice made him stop, slowly starting to panic.

Tubbo turned to face Schlatt, "He's... outside Manberg currently." He said, quickly looking away.

Jschlatt crossed his arms, "Take me to him. I have a bone to pick..."

Tubbo fiddled with his hands nervously, "Okay.. but we have to stop by my house first. He wants me to get something." Without waiting for an answer, Tubbo turned away and ran to his house.

Inside, he grabbed two empty boxes. "Okay.. I'm good to go."

Schlatt raised an eyebrow, staring at the boxes. "What are those for?"

"To... carry the things.. Big Q collected for you!" Tubbo smiled nervously, pushing past Schlatt.

"Oh, so he did get the gunpowder like I asked." Schlatt seemed to relax a little, following Tubbo.

Tubbo bit his lip. Was that all they needed to get? Why didn't Quackity just tell him? "Yes. We got the gunpowder."

"Okay, good." Jschlatt stopped walking, "Then you're good to go, I don't need to talk some sense into him."

Tubbo let out an audible sigh, "Okay! Then I'll be back, I need to.. help Big Q carry these home!" And then Tubbo ran off, returning to the cave.

He couched down beside Quackity's body, picking up the axe again. "Sorry, Big Q. I didn't think this one through." He said and swung the axe down a few times.

***

George came walking down the path, noticing Tubbo was struggling to carry two boxes. George walked over, "Hey, need help with that?"

Tubbo looked up at George, "Kind of.."

George smiled and took one of the boxes, "What's in these?"

"Gunpowder." Tubbo responded, "Schlatt asked Big Q and I to collect it."

George blinked, nodding. "I see. Wonder what it's for."

Tubbo nodded too, leading the way to Manberg, "Thanks for the help, by the way. We can just stop at my house and I can handle it from there."

"No problem." George followed Tubbo, and when they got to his house, George set the box down. "Here you go."

"Thanks!" Tubbo chirped.

"Welcome." George smiled, "Well, see ya." He waved goodbye and started to leave Manberg. Some Vice Vice President.

Tubbo opened his front door pushing both of the boxes inside. He looked around the main room for a few seconds, finding his markers.

He started drawing a duck on Quackity's box, colouring it in yellow. And then on the other box, he wrote 'gunpowder' on the side, all while humming a song to himself.

He set the gunpowder box on his table, and carried Quackity's box into the spare room. "Here we go, Big Q." He grinned, placing the box beside Sapnap's box. On the other side of Sapnap's box he noticed the blank one.

"Oh yeah!" Tubbo got up to grab his markers, coming back and drawing another K and J on it. "There you go, Karl." Tubbo smiled and put his markers away. He went for the gunpowder box and left his house to deliver it to Schlatt.