Chapter 1:

Shoves butterflies down the hole

So anyway I saw a mini comic on Tumblr and was inspired
This AU(?) Wilbur doesn't go all crazy and Pogtopia is on okay terms with Manberg
Also warning, this story will have gore, I may or may not go into details but we'll see
––––
Tubbo started to make his way to Manberg, carrying an unopened box. He looked like he was struggling with carrying it.

Sapnap noticed that the teenager was having troubles, so he went over, "Heya, Tubbo. Need help there?"

Tubbo looked up at Sapnap with bright eyes, "Oh! Sure." He smiled, letting Sapnap take the box.

"Where are we heading to?" Sapnap asked.

"Manberg, if that's okay, Schlatt needed something so I went to get it." Tubbo started to lead the way, Sapnap followed.

About half way to Manberg, Sapnap started to notice a pretty foul smell coming from the box. He didn't know what it was, "Hey, Tubbo. What's in this box?"

Tubbo shook his head, "I'm not supposed to tell, but.. Your friend Karl was very kind and gave it to me."

Sapnap nodded in understanding, "Oh, I see." He still wondered what it could be. He didn't know what Karl could've had that would smell this bad.

Tubbo glanced at Sapnap, and smiled when his gaze was met. They soon made it to Manberg, "I can take it from here, thanks Sapnap."

Sapnap tilted his head, "Are you sure? I can take it to wherever you need it to be."

Tubbo thought about the offer for a second and then nodded, "Okay! If you're sure. Come with me." He started to lead Sapnap into Manberg, heading to his archives.

Walking down all those stairs and carrying a heavy box, Sapnap lost his footing, and not wanting to fall down the rest of the stairs he let go of the box in favour of catching himself on the wall.

"Shit, sorry Tubbo!" He exclaimed, running down to catch up to the box. And Tubbo followed after Sapnap. At the bottom, Sapnap's heart seemed to stop when he caught a glimpse of a wet, dark spot forming on the box.

He was filled with a sense of panic and dread.

"Don't worry about it Sapnap!" Tubbo said cheerfully, picking up on Sapnap's fear. "We're almost there."

Sapnap nodded, hesitantly picking the box up and following Tubbo into a room. "Okay uh... I should go. I just remembered that... Dream wanted to meet up! Yeah.. he wanted to test out Manhunt tricks."

Tubbo's gaze darkened, "Okay. Thank you, Sapnap." His tone was a lot more tense, which freaked Sapnap out.

Sapnap turned to leave, but was met with a closed door. He tried to open it but it wouldn't open. "Uh.. Hey Tubbo can—" Sapnap was cut off by his own scream of pain as something sharp was driven into his leg.

He fell onto his side and looked up with wide eyes. Tubbo was holding a pickaxe over his head, and then swung it down.

***

Tubbo sat in the room, drawing on the two boxes he had. He drew a large K and then a large J on the first box, colouring it in. He then drew a big flame on the other, also colouring it in.

He set down his markers and stood up. He pushed the boxes against a wall, and then put his pickaxe away. "I'll clean up later." He said to himself, knowing that no one will come check it out anyway.

Tubbo cautiously made it out of the archives room, and went to his house. With a glance in the mirror, he decided that he needed to change.

He went into his room, picking out clean clothes and then he quickly changed. Staring at his blood stained clothes, he just kicked them into his closet.

***

George went over to Dream, "Hey, have you seen Sapnap anywhere?"

Dream looked up to think, "Umm... Not since this morning." He shook his head.

George huffed, "Weird. There's something I needed to ask of him."

"We can go look for him."

"I've already looked everywhere, haven't seen him."

Dream shrugged, "It doesn't hurt to look again. Did you ask anyone else?"

"No.. Just you so far."

"Alright, let's.... ask Bad first. Okay?" Dream suggested, and without waiting for an answer, he started dragging George along with him to where Bad lived.

When they arrived at the demons house, Dream knocked on the door and was greeted by Bad. "Hi, you guys!" Bad chirped.

"Hey, Bad." Dream smiled, "George and I came to ask, have you seen Sapnap anywhere recently?"

Bad paused to think and then nodded, "Oh yeah! He stopped by early this morning!"

"Do you know where he went?" George asked.

"Ehhh... Kind of?" Bad laughed nervously, "I saw him go in the direction of Manberg, but that's all I know. Why, did something happen?"

Dream shook his head, "No, I don't think so. George needs to talk to Sapnap but we can't find him. Thanks, Bad!" Dream smiled before walking away.

"Thank you." George nodded waving to Bad as he walked away. Bad waved back and then closed the door, going back inside.

As they made their way to Manberg, Dream was caught off guard by someone running into him. He caught himself before he could fall and looked down, "Oh, hey Tubbo."

Tubbo looked up at Dream, "Hey!" He smiled, "And hey, George! What's up?"

"Have you seen Sapnap today? Bad said he came this way." George asked the teenager.

Tubbo nodded, "Yeah, he helped me move some things into Manberg, but then left right after that."

"Did you see where he went?" Dream tilted his head.

"No, I was underground when he left, sorry."

Dream shook his head, "Okay, don't worry about it!" He smiled, "Thanks, Tubbo."

Tubbo smiled too, "No problem! See you around!" He chirped before pushing through Dream and George and running off.

George sighed, "We should just go home and wait for Sapnap to get back."

"You don't want to have a search party adventure?" Dream joked.

George rolled his eyes, "Not at all. Come along, Dream." He said, starting to head back home.

Dream glanced into Manberg, raising an eyebrow, before following George. Surely, Sapnap would go home when it started to get dark. He's not an idiot. Dream let out a sigh, running to catch up to George and walk by his side.