Chapter 4:

Sorry it took me a while I've been lazy
————

When Tubbo returned to the gunpowder box, he picked it up and started to head out the door. Right when he opened the door though, he screamed when Schlatt was there.

"Oh my god!" Tubbo gasped, "You scared me!"

"Clearly." Schlatt looked down at Tubbo, "I came to collect the gunpowder."

Tubbo quickly composed himself, "Right, uh..." He looked at the box he was holding, "Oh yeah! Here it is!" He smiled and handed the box over. 

Schlatt took the box, muttering out a 'thanks.' Tubbo waved goodbye, but then his heart dropped when he noticed little droplets of red on the ground.

His mouth gaped open and he rushed to where he put the Quackity box. Quickly opening the box, he was met with the shocking discovery that he labeled the boxes wrong.

Tubbo ran out his front door, holding the box in his hands. "Schlatt!" He wheezed out, quickly catching up to the president.

Jschlatt stopped and turned to Tubbo, "Need something?"

Tubbo held up the box he was holding, "I accidentally gave you the wrong box!" He laughed slightly, "This is the gunpowder one."

Schlatt fortunately didn't question it, handing the box he was holding back to Tubbo in favour of the other one. He looked at the drawing on the side, "Is this supposed to be Quackity?"

Tubbo looked around quickly, "Uh- yeah! It's just a little joke and I- we got mixed up."

He stared at the drawing some more and laughed slightly, "That's hilarious." He shrugged, "Anyway, thank you. See you later, Tubbo." He said, walking away.

Tubbo sighed audibly, staring down at the box in his hands. He smiled slightly and started heading back home.

Once he was home, the teenager grabbed his markers, scribbling out the 'gunpowder' and drawing a new duck. "That was a close one..." He frowned.

"I'll have to be even more careful from now on..." He said to himself, glaring as he glanced out the window.

***

Wilbur made his way down the stairs of Pogtopia, "Hey, Tommy."

"Gah!" Tommy jumped and turned to Wilbur, "What??"

Wilbur grinned slightly in amusement, "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." He laughed, "Anyway, weird question but you haven't seen Sapnap or Karl around, have you?"

Tommy paused to think, opening his mouth, "Uhh..." He blinked, "No, not since Sapnap killed Henry." He growled. "Why?"

Wilbur nodded, "I see. I ran into Dream and George earlier and they asked if I've seen them."

Tommy stared at Wilbur raising an eyebrow, but he just shrugged, "Weird. Anyway," He raised his voice slightly, "I'm off to meet with Tubbo." Tommy announced and started to leave.

***

The president sat at his desk, staring at the box of gunpowder that was collected for him. He glanced at his hand, noticing the red stain on it.

Schlatt raised an eyebrow. There was nothing that would've left a red stain on the box. He shrugged it off for now. It was probably nothing that should be worried about.

Still, he couldn't help but feel chills when he thought about how odd Tubbo was acting, he'll ask Quackity later.

***

Tubbo walked out of the box room, and screamed when a voice shouted, "Hey, big man!"

Tubbo turned to see Tommy and he sighed loudly, "Don't do that!"

Tommy laughed, going over, "What are you up to?" He asked, "What's in there?" Tommy looked at the door to the box room.

"Nothing special.." Tubbo mumbled.

Tommy blinked but shrugged, "Alright. Anyway, did you hear that Sapnap and Karl are missing?"

Tubbo nodded, "Yeah, Dream and George asked me if I've seen Sapnap. I told them I did but he must've disappeared when he left."

Tommy started snooping around Tubbo's house, "Huh.. and why was he here in the first place?"

"He was helping me bring books to the archives."

"I see." Tommy's focus shifted back to Tubbo, "Weird, huh?"

Tubbo nodded, walking over to Tommy, "It is weird." He sat down on his couch with a sigh, "I hope they're okay..." Tubbo said, looking out the window.

"Sapnap could be hacked to pieces for all I care!" Tommy shouted, probably joking, "After what he did to my beloved cow, Henry, he deserves it."

Tubbo turned to Tommy, staring at him. A soft grin spread across his face as the thought of him making his best friend happy crept into his mind.

Tommy continued talking but Tubbo wasn't really listening. He was thinking about Sapnap's horrified face when it finally clicked that he wasn't going to make it out. The image made Tubbo happy, knowing that it's what Tommy wanted all along.

He was pulled away from his thoughts when he heard knocking at the door and Schlatt calling his name.

Tubbo sprung to his feet, "Tommy," he whispered, "you gotta hide!" Tommy nodded and ran into the nearest room, the box room. Tubbo was about to tell Tommy not to go in that room, but as soon as that door closed, his front door opened.

"Tubbo," Schlatt turned to the teenager, "have you seen Flatty Patty anywhere?"

Tubbo opened his mouth, "Uh... Not since earlier, I'm not sure where he went."

Jschlatt eyed Tubbo suspiciously, and he continued to question him.

Meanwhile, Tommy listened to their conversation, but was soon distracted by the contents in that room.

It smelled awful, "God, Tubbo.." Tommy muttered, "What have you been keeping in here?"

He noticed the boxes and went over. He looked at the drawings on the side of each box, and his eyes widened. He very quickly connected the dots, shaking his head.

That was crazy! There's no way Tubbo would be capable of murder! Tommy tried to think of other things that could be in those boxes, it could be anything and he's just jumping to conclusions!

Soon, Tubbo opened the door, "Tommy, it's okay to come out now."

Tommy flinched and jumped to his feet, "Cool! Uh.. cool cool..!" He laughed nervously, quickly leaving the room.

Tubbo looked down at the ground, "They're just books." He assured Tommy. "Nothing more!" He smiled.

Tommy shuddered but nodded, "Right.. of course they are!" He laughed, "For your archives right?" Tubbo nodded. "Uh.. anyway.. I should go back, Wilbur had a plan and I gotta be there!"

Tubbo waved, "Okay, bye Tommy!" He chirped, watching his friend sneak out. Once Tommy was gone, Tubbo's gaze darkened.

"Just books..." He said again, going back to sit down. Now that Schlatt was on to him, he needs to think of a plan to take him out.

All he needs to worry about right now is Jschlatt.