5. Warnings upon Warnings

I'm not good with anatomy, but hey, I tried. That neck is far out amiright? Anyway, I decided to draw Theodora with somewhat of a casual hairstyle. I like to imagine him with a left part so maybe I'll draw that version at some point, bud right now, just enjoy his sensual gaze~

Theodora grabbed your hand, pulling you towards the part of the garden where the brush got thick. It seemed like the only part of the whole array that wasn't well kept.

When you got through the garden, you were met with a field, the wide stone path cutting through the uncut grass like a blade through paper. You never knew how huge the royal property was. With the amount of servants you've seen, you doubted they could keep the entire property kept. Maybe the royal family chose to keep the field as it was? Unruly, wild, and peaceful.

On the way was a tower.  It wasn't too tall, just tall enough to be called a tower. You wondered why the stone structure was so far away from the rest of the buildings. It looked dingy compared to the clean and polished palace. It was made out of boring red clay bricks which were being consumed by the abundance of vines that were growing on the side.

The windows that you could see were blacked out, some being broken, and the structure was leaning—crumbling on the lowest side. The brush was also dense around the base, the grass growing to a almost person sized height. Why would the prince take you here?

You zoned out after that, trying to figure out what could possibly be in there. For a second, your mind told you it was going to be some sort of cruel prank. The did have an odd sense of humor, so it was a possibility.

The unfortunate fact of the matter is that, even if it was a joke, there really would be no way out of it. If you fought him off or ran away, you'll most likely fail your goal. You'd sacrifice your dignity to achieve what you were set out on. So you let him drag you towards what could be your potential doom. If it was your day to die, then at least you made it some what close to your goal. You could be content with that.

Inside, the two of you went down several flights of stairs. It was dusty and the air felt like it was getting thicker the lower you got. From the outside, you would have never guessed that the tower went down, but you supposed that made more sense than going up the decaying pillar.

Theodora stopped abruptly causing you to bump into his broad back. He turned to you, smiling in the darkness. Maybe he knew you could see him as most humans beings could not, but you didn't think so. That smile of his looked mischievous. It wasn't for your eyes.

"Ladies first." The prince said softly. "Don't worry." You could tell he was trying to comfort you, trying to tame you overactive imagination and reassure you that there was no danger. However, no matter. how gentle he was, he couldn't stop you from feeling uneasy.

He brought you to a shady looking tower, far away from anyone else and for what? Maybe he didn't like your kind, a cursed citizen. Maybe he was like Ruth and thought of you as a brute.

You switched places with Theodora, coming face to face with a door. It was just big enough for you, but Theodora would have to duck. There were jewels embedded in the dark wood, placed in a way where they formed a circle. You assumed it was some type of windows, squinting, trying to see what could possibly be on the other side. But, it was all mere decoration as you could not see though the opaque stones.

You placed your hand on the knob, or you thought you did. It didn't feel like you were touching anything in particular. You felt a tickle on your palm, but you didn't feel anything solid. That feeling went up your arm and when it got to your neck, it split in all sorts of directions. You unexpectedly yelped. Taking a step back and bumping into Theodora again. Your heart was beating uncontrollably fast.