Prologue

Hi guys, I'm back with another one of my 'books turned into a fanfic of Larry' stories. This was the first book I published and now I decided to give you the fanfic version of it with our all-time favourite couple Larry ( who maybe inspired me in the first place but that's a secret). 

As off, a few things are different than in reality because in my book they are obviously not one direction, which means character arcs are different. Like:

- Louis has two pair of twin sisters

- Niall is Spanish because my character Noah is Spanish (Also a different appearance)

- Liam is German because my character Dorian is from Germany (Looks a bit different too)

- Harry's Dad in this one is called Roy

- Original Characters were not replaced by people around the boys, just them taking the places of my main characters. 

Now that this is settled let's start this journey :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Imagine a world where one soul gets separated by fate and is reborn in two separate bodies on earth. Imagine a world where humans know about their soul twins and try to find their fateful other half throughout their lives. Imagine a world where people make the wrong decisions and not even fate can keep them together although they are meant to be because they are soulmates.

Soulmates were something very special but also very common in this reality. Everybody knew about those connected souls and that every human being had one in this world somewhere. They knew everything happened for a reason and mostly, to bring you closer to your soulmate. But soulmate doesn't necessarily mean true love. No, you could only be great friends or have a different kind of special connection or in some cases even hate each other. Your souls belong together but don't automatically love one another romantically.

It exists also different kinds of soulmates because there are many kinds of souls in this world that could work together in different ways.

The lowest and most common level is the Compatible Souls. Those are, as the name suggests, souls which are compatible with one another. Colloquial they are called friendship marks. When you meet someone new and you have a bonding moment or click from the first second, a mark that is similar to a tattoo appears somewhere on your skin and on the skin of the other person. Most of the time it's a word connected to the bonding moment or the first words even, when it's that perfect. But only true friends that are supposed to stay with you forever.

But as you might already guessed, it doesn't always come as fate wanted it. Humanity grows and gets more ignorant by the second which leads to bonds being broken and marks being ignored. Sometimes people don't even get a mark at all or they bond but it's one-sided. Those are the worst.

One-sided bonding becomes more and more common because people start to mock the soulmate bonding and lose their fate in it. They focus on the wrong things and are less willing to try so they settle with maximum compatible souls, so that there is at least something between them. But others just don't give a single fuck any more and that's how soulmates become rarer although everyone has one. You just must wait and keep your eyes open. You could meet them every day.

Second level is Simple Soulmates. The bonding mark appears after saying the full name of the other person out loud for the first time. What kind of mark it will be is hard to say. It depends on the person and the soulmate. In earlier times, the full name of a person was kept a secret until they were sure they had found the one and only one for them and then they would test it by saying each other's names. That often led to the one-sided bonding and was even forbidden for a while. Nowadays many people don't even care anymore. They carelessly say names out loud all the time without thinking about the consequences. Like with celebrities. Their names are known for everyone and they could bond with anyone anytime without having a chance to know who said their name. In normal everyday life, it's less common that people say your full name apart from your teachers. And even if, simple soulmates are also not automatically romantically involved or even meant to be. At least, that's what people learned over the years.

Romantic Soulmates are the highest known level in this society. A mark appears after a romantic bonding moment of love. A confession, a kiss or something similar to that. This is the kind of soulmate everyone desperately tries to find because their hearts are longing for the missing part of their being. But people tried too hard and in the wrong ways and over some time gave up on it and just settled with someone that was just simply there. Even if you found that romantic soulmate it didn't mean everything would be perfect. Every relationship has ups and downs, but people interpreted the soulmate bond wrongly and expected to have the perfect relationship from the start without effort, in the last centuries. That led to soulmates cheating on each other and breaking the bond which led to fading marks and broken hearts with bleeding souls.

Almost forgotten because no one that had witnessed it happening was still alive, was the Soulmate Wedding Bond. An ancient legend told that when you married your one true soulmate, another mark would appear and it would be different from everything else. No one could remember what those marks were supposed to look like, but they were a legend anyway. This didn't happen for an eternity. No one really married their true soulmate anymore, at least not that the majority knew of, and one-sided bondings became more and more normal by the second while humanity became more and more ignorant. Soulmates are called a myth in some parts of the country nowadays and the marks are a weird reminder of the pitiful remands of the magical veil that lies over this world.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question of the Chapter: Thoughts on this reality?