His Anchor

Turbulently, Louis threw his clothes out of the cupboard over his shoulder hopefully into his suitcase, which was open on his bed. Due to the thing with Harry yesterday he had completely forgotten to pack his stuff because he was leaving today for Christmas break. Zayn was sitting on his desk chair and just watched him amusedly. He was already all packed in and ready to leave for home.

"That's why you should always pack a day beforehand, Tommy. Less stress" commented Zayn on his best friend's stressful state.

"I kinda forgot I was leaving today. Thank Harry for that" replied Louis with his back still turned to Zayn.

"He made you forget about your family? That's almost impossible. What did he do?" Zayn wanted to know curiously.

"He um ... distracted me," said Louis awkwardly. He didn't have time to tell Zayn about what had happened yet.

"You're totally blushing right now. Oh My Gosh! What happened after I left?" bounced Zayn on the chair excitedly.

"He was pretty pissed at me for not telling him about the mark and thanks for leaving by the way. You're a great friend" turned Louis now around to him and closed his suitcase, which was very messily packed.

"You're happy I left, am I right? Tell me, Tommy. I want the tea. I need details" urged Zayn him to spill the tea finally.

"You sound like a fangirl of some TV ship or something" snorted Louis.

"I don't mind. Tell me now. What happened with Edward?" Zayn didn't let up, saying Harry's second name to make Louis talk faster.

"Well, um ..." was Louis at a loss for words. He hadn't processed what had happened himself. Absently, he scratched over his two marks on his arms underneath his big fluffy sweater.

"No way!" exclaimed Zayn when he saw that gesture. "You bonded, didn't you?".

"How did you ...?".

"Your scratching and you're speechless. That doesn't normally happen to you. You're never speechless and you would've sassed me for calling him Edward. But you didn't because that name changed everything, am I close?" explained Zayn his guess.

"Did I mention that I hate you?" let Louis himself fall down on his bed.

"Many times. So, am I right or what?" wiggled Zayn his eyebrows at him.

"Yes, you are. We did bond" admitted Louis finally. It felt weird to say it out loud.

"I'm so happy for you. Really. You suffered so much but it changed for the better in the end. Although I don't know how yet" grinned Zayn overjoyed.

"Well, he was pretty pissed at me, but I was pissed at him for not telling me about his second name too. Somewhere in between my angry rambling, I said his full name to give him some taste of his own medicine. Instead of saying anything he just stared at his arm. That's when I saw the anchor. I was baffled, to say the least. Harry was all over the place and was babbling on about being meant to be and this changing everything, which made me really angry as you might have guessed. I told him this mark meant nothing and it wouldn't change his feelings for me suddenly, but he insisted on being soulmates like the stubborn little shit he is. This led to me telling him about my Mum, my father and the twins' father, which made him really sad and I thought he understood my point, but he kept on getting on my nerves. I think I started rambling about our weird not matching mark but was interrupted by him kissing me. I was so shocked by that for many reasons. One being me wanting to fight back and not letting it happen but wanting it at the same time. And the other was knowing this was his first kiss and that overwhelmed me even more, so I kissed him back. He told me he had been in love with me before too and had prayed for us to be soulmates. Afterwards, another mark showed up and I just couldn't handle any of it. I was still not convinced we would be a good idea, but he explained our weird complementary marks in detail, and it made sense and the way he was looking at me caused this unexplainable feeling and I ... I just couldn't resist him any longer and said I'd risk it for him and we can try" told Louis Zayn everything in short and was out of breath afterwards. Every little detail had shown up in his mind again and he was overwhelmed by too many emotions that he couldn't handle, which led to him shaking all over.