Happy Birthday, Louis

Sleepily, Louis rubbed his eyes and blinked into the bright sunlight falling into his room through his curtains. Yawning, he sat up in his bed and stretched his arms over his head, making his back crack lightly. Definitely not awake yet, Louis padded over to his cupboard and pulled out some black sweatpants and a big blue hoodie, changing into them. Tying his sweatpants, Louis shuffled into the bathroom to splash some water into his face and brush his teeth. When he was done, he walked downstairs and was met with his family, Zayn's family and someone he didn't expect.

"Liam? What are you doing here?" blinked Louis confused at his friend.

"I'm glad to see you too, Tommo" grinned Liam. "We celebrated Christmas with Zayn's family and he thought he should drag us with him for your birthday so we're not alone at his house. I hope that's okay with you".

"Of course. I'm happy to see you, Lima. I was just a bit surprised. S'all" assured Louis him.

"Great. Then Happy Birthday, Louis" congratulated Liam him with a huge smile on his face.

"Thanks".

"Happy Birthday, Boobear" engulfed Johanna her son into a tight embrace.

"Happy Birthday, Loulou" the younger twins cheered excitedly, hugging his legs.

"One more year. Guess you're getting old" patted Zayn his back after Johanna had pulled away.

"I can still punch you where the sun doesn't shine" laughed Louis and hugged his best friend.

"Can't we all sing him a song instead of congratulating him individually? That takes forever and I'm starving" niggled Lottie.

"What do you think I am?" pointed Louis at himself.

"A grandpa wearing baggy clothes, looking dumb" dead-panned Lottie.

"Lottie!" scolded Johanna her daughter.

"How about that song, mh?" tried Fizzy to save the moment.

"I'm in" raised Liam his hand.

All three families together sang Louis a happy birthday before they went into the kitchen one after the other to get some pancakes that Johanna had made. Louis was the first of course as the birthday boy. He loved those simple birthdays with his family and Zayn's family only. Having Liam's family around now too felt right to Louis. Liam was part of Zayn's life now and that included their families and still, he hadn't forgotten about their long-lasting tradition to celebrate Louis' birthday together.

"Those pancakes are amazing, Jay" complimented Liam's mother Elizabeth Johanna's cooking skills.

"Thanks. I make them quite often because Louis loves them but can't make them on his own. Well, not that often anymore but definitely today" thanked Johanna her.

"So, you're Zayn's best mate that he talks about so much?! Do you know each other for a long time?" wanted Liam's father Jonathan to know.

"We met in Junior Year when he moved down here. Ever since we're best friends" answered Louis curtly.

"And you attend the same Uni as Liam if I got that right" tried Jonathan to put the pieces together.

"Yes. He's the roommate of my roommate's best friend. Wow, never thought I'd ever say that sentence" marvelled Louis about his own words.

"Niall's best friend is your roommate? Harry, right? And do you all study the same thing?" wondered Jonathan a bit helpless.

"Dad, I already told you we don't. None of us is even close to the others' studies. Well, apart from Louis and Àmber maybe because they have the same course" groaned Liam embarrassed by his sometimes very slow father.