Time For The Truth

By now his head was probably steaming as much as he had studied today. Not one word fitted into his brain anymore. Looking at his two friends he could see they were feeling the same way. Zayn and Liam had both closed their books and were whispering to each other.

Louis didn't feel left out. No, not at all.

"Mind letting me in on that conversation?" tore Louis them out of their bubble.

"Sorry" hung Liam his head low.

"Don't be, Lima" rowed Louis back. He didn't want to make his friend feel bad.

"We were just talking about this concert next weekend. Turned out we both love Evan Gelbero and we both have tickets" explained Zayn to him.

"He writes great lyrics. Joey wanted me to go with him but by the time I had no money left for a ticket. I'm glad he can go with you now" replied Louis honestly.

"I'm so excited" beamed Liam happily.

"Me too. I really can't believe it. We're gonna see him live in concert in London. This has to be a dream" was Zayn as happy as Liam.

"It's not. It's really happening" put Liam his hand on Zayn's hand, making him blush at the touch.

"I'm just really glad I'm not going alone" mumbled Zayn shyly.

"I'm glad it's with you" breathed Liam out.

"And I'm glad that I'm here too" coughed Louis with a huge grin.

"Um, I'm gonna bring the books here back. We don't need them anymore" cleared Zayn his throat, took three books and stood up from the table.

"You wanna tell me anything?" raised Louis an eyebrow at Liam.

"Me? No, nothing. Um ... where's my notebook?" distracted Liam and rummaged through his backpack. Because he was being so careless something fell out of it and before Liam could react Louis had already picked it up.

"You write your own songs?" questioned Louis as he read over the written words on the sheet of paper.

"Sometimes. I'm not good at expressing my inner thoughts out loud, so I write them down" told Liam him timidly.

"I do the same thing, Lima. I've written lyrics for years because otherwise, it eats me alive from the inside. Haven't had a good idea in a while though" let Louis him know.

"Maybe we could write one together someday" suggested Liam unsurely.

"I'd love to do that" smiled Louis at him.

At that moment Louis felt the familiar tingling in his arm and the next second a small black-lined sheet of paper with a music note appeared on his arm next to the football mark with Niall. Happily, he looked at it and felt relieved that Liam and he had now bonded too. He was the only one out of their group that Louis wasn't bonded to until now.

"Is it possible though that the lyrics are about someone I know?" pointed Louis at the sheet with the title 'Unexpectedly'.

"Maybe I have a crush on your crime buddy" admitted Liam quietly.

"Oh My Gosh, No way" gasped Louis fakely surprised.

"Tommo, I'm serious" whined Liam.

"Me too, Lima. I'm really happy about that because I think you'd be good together. And you're not an asshole. What more can a best friend wish for?" wanted Louis to lighten the mood.

"And we're bonded now. You won't get rid of me, Tommo" grinned Liam.

"Damn it, I had plans for your murder done" cracked Louis a joke. "But seriously, you gonna tell him?".