𝟎𝟕

-ˋˏ ༻ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 ༺ ˎˊ-▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

It was far too coincidental for Natalia not to think her running into him outside of school grounds isn't intentional. Seoul is the sixteenth largest city in the world, after all. This is no mere coincidence.

"Are you seriously stalking me now?" Natalia spat, eyeballing Seojun with contempt. At this rate, she'll just let go of her grudge and return the damn helmet if it means getting this dipshit off her back for good.

Seojun sniggered, "Not at all." Like her, he was still wearing his uniform, telling Natalia he too had went here straight from their school. Which, of course, did little to make her less suspicious of his intentions.

Natalia's eyes narrowed into slits, "Liar."

His answering smile was nothing but full of malice. "Let's go, you're keeping my mom awake with all the talking you're doing, woman. She needs to get some rest and so do you." He says coolly as he averts his gaze to Natalia's grandmother who had been listening in to their conversation rather intently.

Natalia's lips parted with surprise. 'My mom'? She took a peek at the woman sitting up on her hospital bed, her hair tied into a low ponytail, only to see her already staring at Seojun with fond eyes and a small smile. Then, Natalia searched for similarities between the two of them and was surprised to have found plenty. There was so many that she didn't know how she only noticed them right now.

Sensing the confusion in the air, particularly coming from Aera and Seojun's mom, Natalia explained, "We go to the same school." As if the fact their uniforms matched didn't make it already obvious enough. "He's my classmate." She jabbed her finger to the side, where Seojun stands.

Her grandma's face practically glowed with delight at her granddaughter's revelation, "What a small world!" She attempted a light-hearted laugh, but a cough, reminding Natalia that Aera was terminally ill and shouldn't be out and about, came out instead.

"Grandma!" She exclaimed, alarmed. Knowing coughs like this can easily progress into something much worse, Natalia moved to find Aera a bottle or a glass of mineral water, but turns out, Seojun, much to her surprise, beat her to it.

"What..." Uncertain of what to say, Natalia trailed off as her hands fell back at her sides. She felt...useless as she watched Seojun hand her grandma a bottle of water and open it for her when he realized she was struggling to take the cap off herself.

Natalia was, to say the least, both astounded and speechless by the display.

"He always does this, you know," Carrie suddenly appeared from behind her, arms crossed over chest. "He takes care of her, I mean. Even though it isn't his job. I'm not complaining, of course, 'cause it sure makes my job a lot easier. Honestly, it's a real pity he had to go back to school, he would've made a better caregiver than m⎯⎯" She clamped her mouth shut when Natalia gave her a withering glare.