𝟏𝟐

-ˋˏ ༻ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 ༺ ˎˊ-▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Seojun was nowhere to be seen when Natalia returned.

Suho stood alone in the dark, facing the other way around until he heard the front door creak open, and Natalia stepped out. "He left," told Suho, referring to Seojun.

Natalia's eyes darted to where Seojun's motorcycle had been parked, finding it empty. "I see." She pushed the door behind her shut and approached Suho, "What is it that you want to talk about?" She didn't dare move any closer to the guy in case he decided to try anything funny now that she's completely alone with him.

Especially since her aunt still hasn't come back from work, leaving Natalia by herself and vulnerable.

"It's about Jugyeong,"

Natalia pulled a face, you've got to be kidding me. "Don't tell me you came all this way to talk about a girl." She didn't know her commentary about the way he practically drooled over her friend back at the karaoke place would have such an impact on him. Unless, of course, nobody besides her knows about his little admiration and he's here to make sure it stays that way.

Suho cleared his throat, "About what you said earlier, that I was staring at Jugyeong...you were wrong. I wasn't staring at her."

"Right," Natalia decided to play along. Pretending to believe him is the least she can do after he returned her stuff to her⎯⎯with selfish intentions, she knows, but it still counts for something. It also helps that he's the smartest student in school and she just so happens to be the other kid determined to steal his spot. 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer' has never sounded so true.

When Suho didn't say anything else, Natalia asked, "Is that all you wanted to say?"

Suho paused, "Yes."

Unbelievable. "Then goodbye!" She attempts to flash him a smile, but even the smallest twitch of her lips required energy she didn't have. So she nodded her head at him instead and was back inside the house before the guy could get another word in.

000

Natalia's a very reserved person. She likes to keep to herself, and, as she had said before: doesn't get involved or stick her nose into other people's business, always minding her own. Of course, that doesn't automatically mean she doesn't enjoy some good old high school drama from time to time⎯⎯just as long as she's not a part of the drama itself. She's only a teenage girl, after all. It's practically destined to be her guilty pleasure.

"So what? He just gave his keys to you? Just like that?" Natalia's in the bathroom with Jugyeong, chatting about Han Seojun's odd behavior. The former was squinting intently at a mirror, applying mascara over her lashes with expert hands. Meanwhile the latter was inside one of the cubicles, emptying her bladder.