𝟏𝟑

-ˋˏ ༻ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ༺ ˎˊ-▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Natalia was in the middle of eating her beignets when she saw them match past her in her peripheral vision: four girls, all of which she doesn't recognize from her year. Three of them walk with confidence and haughty looks on their faces which could only mean trouble for the one girl behind them. Her head is ducked low, giving Natalia the impression that she was following those three girls not out of her own free will. Her thick glasses also did nothing to hide the sheer fear in her eyes, and when Natalia lowered her gaze, she finds the girl's hands trembling.

It doesn't take a genius to know what's going on, just like how it didn't take much for Natalia to march after them when she realized there's something wrong and nobody but her noticed.

Natalia sees them enter a bathroom and push the poor girl in with more force than necessary when she refused to step inside. Soon, they followed after her, closing the door behind them ferociously.

Natalia bites her lip. As she had stated many times before, she doesn't like getting involved into situations that have absolutely nothing to do with her. So if she were to, say, walk into that bathroom right now, that would count as not minding her own business. Which would mean she's going against the very same principle she values the most. Though the longer she stands here doing nothing, the more she couldn't care less about rules she had made for herself.

Tossing her now empty bag of beignets inside a bin, Natalia lets out a sigh as guilt forced her feet forward, taking her to the bathroom. Just for today, she thinks, eyeing the door with profound determination. I'll be nosy, just this once.

And before Natalia could start second-guessing herself again, she pushed the door open with the sole of her foot; her sudden grand entrance startling everyone inside.

The girl with glasses is cornered by the other three. Her back pressed to the thin wood behind her while the⎯⎯Natalia assumes⎯⎯leader of the trio has her forearm against the former girl's neck, making it hard for her to breathe.

Natalia's eyes bulged at the sight. What kind of psychopaths has she been unknowingly going to school with? "What the hell are you doing?" She was horrified, "You're cutting off her oxygen, are you crazy?"

"This is none of your business." The leader hissed, but she doesn't take her arm off the girl. "Now leave before I make it your business."

Natalia disregards the threat, "All these theatricals are for what? Because your voice isn't good enough to get you the role for lead singer but hers is?" Natalia had eavesdropped on their conversation earlier outside before she'd come barreling in. It was a short chat, but it was enough to tell her the girl with glasses is innocent and these three aren't.