𝟏𝟎

-ˋˏ ༻ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧 ༺ ˎˊ-▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Natalia isn't the best runner in the world. With her short legs and thin arms, best case scenario is she'd end up getting blown away by the strong gusts of wind because she was so damn thin and small.

She hated being tiny.

Back in the States, all of her friends were a good five or so inches taller than her, and it was because of that, that whenever they took group photos, Natalia would always have to stand on her toes to make sure she's in the frame because, as previously stated, majority of her friends were humongous so half of the time, her forehead was the only thing that showed up on the polaroids since the angle of the camera was usually never not pointed upward. Where she, and all of her five foot three glory, could be found.

And you might be wondering, what could her height possibly have anything to do with her not being able to run?

The answer is quite simple: absolutely nothing.

Natalia just needed an excuse to rant and make herself feel better about her short stature, and how cruel the universe was to give her a pretty face that could give those Victoria Secret runway models a run for their money, only to curse her with legs most people in the modeling industry wouldn't even look twice at.

"Natalia, what are you looking at?"

Natalia glared at her reflection through the front camera of her phone. What's the point of looking like Aphrodite if I can't show off my face to the entire world?

"Natalia..."

She can almost hear what her parents would've said in response to her complaints: Natalia and her first world problems. Typical.

But this was far from a first world problem⎯⎯this was a crisis.

"Natalia!"

She rolled her eyes at Sua who was persistently calling her name and snapped, "What?" She didn't bother to lift her eyes from the bright screen.

Sua was unfazed by Natalia's indifference, "Are you still down to join our study group?" They'd talked about this yesterday after school ended, but Sua wanted to make sure to ask again just in case Natalia changes her mind.

Natalia puts her phone away and goes back to finishing her lunch, "Yeah, why? Are we cancelling?"

Sua smiled, "Not at all. Anyways, you know about that guy I set Jugyeong up with, right?" She didn't wait for Natalia to answer, "Well, I was thinking that I know this other guy who knows this one guy who is absolutely perfect for you⎯⎯"

"⎯⎯no thanks." Natalia was quick to cut her off, tone clipped.

A pout replaced the smile on the short-haired girl's face, "Why not? I know it didn't really work out for Jugyeong but it could be different with you. For all you know, this guy might turn out to be your long-lost soulmate!" She ended her words in a teasing note.