TWENTY-NINE: The Beast

A.N: Double update today because I missed one on christmas

Askarune's voice whispered at Emrick constantly as Rina talked to her brother and his few followers. It told him their fears, not just his new friends, but Rina's and Isiah's too, even though he didn't want to hear about them. In the overwhelming numbness that washed over him, he had no control of his recently gained power and succumbed to his confused thoughts.

Isiah stood next to him, just as quiet, just as overwhelmed. His hand was in his, tight and sweaty, but Emrick didn't want to let go. He needed something physical, something to keep him grounded to reality instead of getting lost in his thoughts. Isiah was happy to be that for him, even if neither of them spoke.

Teremtys stood by the closed door, waiting patiently for them to finish up what they were doing. Benj wanted to know what was going on so as best she could, Rina explained it all to them. How all three of them were the Beast that was Promised, how they had to kill Ishin by entwining their souls together, how they were the same soul in three different pieces.

It was all too much for him to wrap his head around. Souls were something he had believed in but to think that the Old Gods really had created him, it was something even Turian wouldn't believe. That too was strange, looking at Teremtys and finding Turian instead. It wasn't fair, being reminded of him in such a way. All he wanted to do was run over to the God and demand that they change their face.

"She's taking too long," Isiah whispered next to him. If Teremtys was to be believed, the battle for Ziya had already started and Rina of all people was the reason they weren't on their way there.

"Give her a moment," he replied. She had to make sense of it all too. It wasn't fair that the three of them had to jump straight into battle mere minutes after finding out the truth of who they were. But they had no other choice. Harudan had already attacked and it was their duty to stop him.

He and Rina being the Beast with Isiah made sense when he stopped to think about it. Even though it was confusing and there had been a lot of information all at once, when he thought about it, it was the only logical explanation. There had been a reason why they could use the stones when they'd thought Isiah had been the only one who could. All three of them were the Beast that was Promised.

As if she knew they had been speaking about her, Rina turned and walked back over to them, her hands shaking at her sides. "I'm sorry. He needed to know," she said, glancing back at Benj. "We'll take them with us when we go to Ziya."

"If we're going to leave, we had better do it soon," Emrick said. If the battle was already raging, then there was only a small window of time for them to make it.

Isiah shook his head. "It's more than a day away," he said with wide eyes. "We'll never make it in time."

By the door, Teremtys laughed with Turian's voice and it made him sick. "You're the Beast, you can move faster than any creature. You'll make it in time," they said, narrowing Turian's eyes in something akin to curiosity. At least they didn't have to worry about not making it in time, if the God was telling the truth.

They had no chance but to believe them. There was always a chance that Teremtys was working with their brother, but there hadn't been any sign of that, considering they wanted Ishin dead. Even though Emrick didn't trust them one bit, he had to listen to everything they said.

"So what do we do?" Isiah asked

"The stones need to be broken. You can't combine your souls unless you are at full power," Teremtys explained. Isiah fiddled with the purple stone in his hand. He might be the Beast as well, but Emrick couldn't feel anything from except for a vague sense of power, the same as the others.