TWENTY-SIX: The Sanctum Of Teremtys

They didn't reach the island until dawn, the bright morning light blinding them. Rina had slept for an hour or two, waking constantly by the uneven rocking of the boat. Emrick and Isiah slept far better than she did, undisturbed even when she checked over the latter to make sure she hadn't made any mistakes when healing.

She had spent most of her time with Benj and Skyt, trying to get as much information from them as possible. There wasn't much they could tell her that they hadn't already said. Neither of them had gotten a good look at Ishin when he'd attacked Maeve, but Skyt had been close enough to see the figure that lived on his shoulder, just like she had. Harudan, watching as the God he controlled brutally murdered everyone who stood in his way.

Emrick and Isiah woke not long before they arrived on the deserted island, the latter blushing brightly when Rina smiled at him. It was good to see them back together, Isiah calm for the first time since the Sanctum of Belganine, despite nearly dying the night before.

That had been terrifying. She'd been happy to see Emrick, relieved that he had finally shown up after waiting for so long, but then she'd seen Isiah and all of her relief had been stolen from her like the breath in her lungs. For a long time, she wasn't sure if she would be able to heal him. She'd been so tired, her energy expended on the countless people in Liman that had been injured.

Her efforts on them would have gone to waste. The Ishini had won, just like she knew they would, but at least she had been able to save Isiah and get him to the island. Soon enough, they would be at the Sanctum of Teremtys and Isiah would have the final stone, the last piece he needed to become the Beast and save Vishera.

As Skyt brought the boat to shore, she checked on Isiah from afar. He stood next to Emrick, staring at the tree-covered island and looking as if he would vomit. Emrick had an arm around his waist, running a hand up and down his side. He was fine, she didn't need to worry about him.

"Do you need some help?" she asked Skyt. She needed to do something before the restlessness settled in her bones. Isiah's expression was one she understood. They were coming so close to the end, all of them were nervous.

Skyt startled and turned with wide eyes towards her. "Erm, not really," they said in a deep voice, their eyes darting about the boat. "There are some bags that need to come off, but I can get those."

"It's not a problem," she said and grabbed the nearest bags. Some of them were Emrick's anyway, it was only right that she carried them. Skyt didn't argue as she walked past them and jumped from the boat into the wet sand. Somehow, there was no snow on the island at all, it was like jumping straight into summer.

It was sunny and warm, the sun comfortable on her skin and the light breeze soothing. The beach stretched on, ending in a thick line of fir trees. Something about it seemed wrong, but she couldn't place what it was. Water lapped at her ankles, crystal blue and completely wrong for winter. It was far too nice on the island for the time of year and they weren't that far from the coast of Minisia.

"Doesn't this feel strange to you?" she asked whoever was nearby, but it was just Skyt, who stood in the sand next to her.

They nodded, their long white hair falling in front of their face. Half of it was pulled back into a band, the rest of it falling down their shoulders and back, completely straight. It was pretty and exactly how she wished her hair had been like when she was younger. Instead, hers had been a wavy mess that her parents had struggled to tame until she hit her teen years.

"It's too... nice," they said, their thin lips pulled down into a frown.

She walked up the beach as the others jumped from the boat, Skyt at her side. There was no path through the thick trees that she could see, just the neverending dark firs. Frowning, she turned back to the rest of them, who were digging through their bags. "Get what you need. I think we should start the search for the Sanctum now," she said.

The Beast That was Promised ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें