✰ 33 ✰

♬ 𝓓𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓭𝓵𝔂 𝓜𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓬 ♬

Brooke wore a disgusted face as took in the scene around her. She'd come to the annual start of the season bonfire party at the high school. And now, she regrets it.

High schoolers all around her, danced and jumped to the electronic music the DJ had whipped up at the front of the party. Neon flashing lights coming from his deck and reflecting off the mass of bodies.

Everyone held a drink in their hand which was definitely alcohol even if they'd disguised it in a water or Coca Cola bottle. They were dressed in skimpy clothes and, despite the cold weather, had a sweat coating their bodies from their horrid dance moves. The large fire in the middle was the main source of light. Illuminating the field of students and giving the party a certain flare. It's flames speaking of danger for anyone who came too close while intoxicated.

The smiles on their faces made it clear that everyone was having a jolly good time, Brooklyn probably being the only exception. Her arms crossed themselves over her chest as she awaited the arrival of Scott. She'd hated parties. The only reason she came was because of his puppy eyes. But those damn eyes decided to take their time getting over here.

When she felt arms slip around her waist, she was ready to fight of any hormonal teenage boy that thought they'd have a chance with her, but the familiar voice speaking in her eyes made her relax.

"You look very impressed." Scott teased.

"Shut up." she huffed, turning around in his arms to see the small smirk that rested upon his face. "You took your time."

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting, your majesty." Scott joked, a twinkle forming in his eyes at the unamused look on Brooklyn's face.

Scott chuckled. He ducked his head down until their lips met in a slow kiss. They soon parted though, the hoard of partying teenagers not setting the mood. A little distance away, Brooke spotted Malia dancing with a flask in hand. The healer grabbed ahold of Scott's hand saying, "Come on." as she led him over to the werecoyote.

"Hey." Scott greeted when they were in front of the girl. "What are you doing here?"

"Getting drunk." Malia replied. Her body jumping up and down as she danced to the music. She lifted her flask up as proof. "What are you two doing?"

"Trying to make sure no one gets hurt." the True Alpha told her. Brooklyn pursed her lips, thinking if she told Scott that the party was killing her soul, would he let her leave because, technically, that was causing harm to her.

"That sounds fun too." the werecoyote responded, her body language stating that she didn't think it was fun. She took another giant gulp of her drink and Brooke thought she should say something.

"I don't want to ruin your night or anything, but you can't get drunk." the healer informed her.

"What?" Malia questioned.

"It's to do with your healing. Trust me, you're not gonna feel anything." Brooklyn stated.

"Maybe you should tell him that." Malia commented. She loved her body a little to the side so the couple had a clear view of Liam, who was sat upon a picnic bench, pouring liquid from a bottle wrapped in a paper bag into a coke bottle.

Brooke ignored the conversation between the two supernaturals next to her for a moment to watch Liam down the whole coke bottle. She laughed to herself, knowing that his efforts were fruitless, but he was giving it a good go.