✰ 13 ✰

✖ 𝓓𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓷𝓲𝓬 𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓳𝓪𝓼 ✖

Brooke was riding with her father in his car when they pulled up on the side of the road. They both got out when they suddenly sensed something behind them.

Turning around, they saw three little kids all decked out in Halloween costumes. One was a vampire, one a pirate and the other superman. Holding out there sweet bags, with big smiles of their faces, they said in sync, "Trick or treat!"

Brooke laughed softly, while Derek stared at the kids without emotion, his eyes dancing between the three. Looking at Brooke's dad fearfully, their smiles began to drop as Derek reached into his car.

He pulled out a bag of sweets and their smiles returned. He gave them each some and then flashed his blue eyes and fangs at them while growling.

Playing along, Brooke glowed her eyes purple and the kids ran off screaming. Brooke and Derek looked at each other smiling and chuckling.

They turned back to the car when they heard snarling coming from behind them. They whipped around and suddenly there were five black, smoky, masked creatures. What the hell?

Derek pushed his daughter behind him, neither of them having a chance to get ready to fight before the creatures were on them. They were held in front of one creature while another stared into their eyes.

Gazing into the greenish-yellow pools it felt like they were looking into Brooke's soul. She shivered, an ice cold chill running down her spine.

A couple of seconds passed before her legs gave out and she dropped to the floor, the things releasing her. Derek tumbled down slightly after.

She lay on the ground hyperventilating, her fear skyrocketing because she had no idea what the creatures had done to her. Then, everything went dark.

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

Shaken up, Brooke and Derek arrived back at the loft later that evening, just wanting to got to sleep and forget the day's events. However their wish wasn't granted as when they entered there was a party in full swing.

People danced around to music played by a DJ at the back of the room. It was a black-light party, Brooke could tell because everyone was painted in fluorescent neon paint as well as wearing bright colours.

Brooklyn never really like parties, probably because she was a Hale, but this one looked pretty exciting.

Derek, however, was not impressed.

A scowl set viscously on his face, he shoved his way through the crowd towards the DJ. Brooke watched as he was repeatedly pushed away by the bodyguard before he picked him up by the neck and threw him out of the way.

He then flipped the DJ's table onto the floor so that the music stopped and roared, "Get out!" Everyone hurriedly clambered their way out as if they were about to be murdered which made Brooke laugh.

She stopped laughing though, when she saw the smoky masked creatures appear out of thin air. The whole pack was here and they stayed behind, as well as another girl Brooke didn't know, when they too saw the mysterious creatures.

The things all turned to look in the same direction. "Guys, they're all looking at me." one of the twins said. Brooke still couldn't tell the difference and would probably never be able to.