✰ 24 ✰

⤚⤙ 𝓑𝓸𝓷𝔂 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮𝓼 ⤚⤙

"Hey Brooklyn, you don't happen to look really like your mother or maybe a cousin of Derek's do you?" Stiles asked her slyly as he slid next to her.

"No. If I did, don't you think dad would've said something." Brooke deadpanned.

Stiles pursed his lips and nodded, turning back to look over at the girl's father. The two and Scott stood watching as Derek, still as a teenager, signed release forms with a deputy so they could leave.

After a few moments more of silence Scott spoke up. "I shouldn't have done that. I lied my ass off."

"Hey, your ass is fine." Stiles told his best friend, "You saved him a ton of unnecessary pain. We'll figure this out in a day or two, he goes back to being old Derek, everyone's happy. Except for Derek, who's never happy."

The Stilinski squinted his eyes at his last statement before receiving a punch from Brooklyn. "Ow!" he exclaimed rubbing his arm tenderly while muttering something under his breath like, "Why do you have to have such a hard punch?"

Completely ignoring the two, Scott carried on with the conversation. "It's just another person that we're lying to. Just that I always feel like it's better when we tell the truth. With Lydia, my mom, your dad Stiles."

"But that is Derek Hale in there. He may be a kid right now," Stiles pointed out. A knot formed in Brooklyn's stomach as she thought about the possibility of him being stuck as a teenager. "but he's still Derek Hale."

"Alright," Scott turned to Brooke and Stiles, "take him to my house and don't let him out of your sight."

"And where are you going?" Stiles questioned.

"I'm going to go talk to the guy we should have gone to before."

"Uh... yeah I hate that guy" Stiles stated.

At the same time Brooke remarked, "Good luck with that." A look on her face that read 'rather you than me'.

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

"We're going to wait here for Scott. We're going to sit quietly. And we're not going to call or talk to anyone." Stiles told Derek as he led the two Hales into the McCall house.

"Do I talk to her?" Derek asked motioning towards Brooke.

"No." Stiles replied.

Derek asked another question, "Do I talk to you?"

Once again Stiles replied, "No."

"Good." the Hale boy stated.

"Fine." Stiles said.

"Boys." Brooke muttered under her breathe with an eye roll.

"Who's going to talk to him?" Derek questioned as the trio came across Mr McCall. He was holding a takeout bag and looked very confused at the sight of the three teens in front of him.

"Ah! Are you getting taller?" the Stilinski exclaimed.

"What are you guys doing here?" the FBI agent inquired.