✰ 17 ✰

♟ 𝓒𝓱𝓮𝓬𝓴 𝓜𝓪𝓽𝓮 ♟

"Sorry, but I can't let you walk out with this." Deputy Parrish told Mr Argent as he held up a taser.

Brooklyn was at the police station where her dad and Argent were being let out because the charges had been dropped, somehow.

"It's way above the legal voltage limit." the officer continued.

"I only use it for hunting." Argent told him, feeling the Hales glaring at him, he took a look at them only to turn away quickly.

"Yeah, well, I'm pretty sure you could use it to jump-start a 747." Parish stated.

"This property belongs to me and the charges were dropped. Although, I'm not exactly sure who's responsible for that." Argent trailed.

"I am. I'll take care of this, Parrish." the Sheriff came out from his office and spoke to his deputy.

"Sheriff, I'm not kidding. This thing's a few watts from being a lightsaber." Parrish argued. Derek and Brooke looked at Argent incredulously, clearly not impressed that this is what he uses against werewolves.

"I said I'll take care of it." Stilinski firmly said and led the nearly criminals and Brooke into his office.

"The specialist I saw in LA told me the thing that every doctor says when he's trying to avoid a lawsuit.  'We can't say for sure.' and then I spoke with Melissa." the Stilinski father told them.

He was talking about the results he got about Stiles' CT scan. He brought out the printouts of the results placing them on the desk for the other three to see.

"These are brain scans. My wife's and Stiles'. I knew they were similar. But those are the same. Exactly the same." the sheriff aligned them, the two results completely matching.

"And I'm guessing this isn't possible." Derek said eyes scanning the papers.

"Not even remotely." Stilinski replied.

"So the trickster is still playing tricks." Argent worked out.

"But why this trick?" Brooke asked.

"When I was in the army, an officer told me, 'If you want to defeat your enemy, you don't take away their courage. You take away their hope.'" Sheriff recalled.

"You don't look like a man who gives up hope easily." Argent told the police officer.

"But Stiles might. If this thing inside him, if it's using his mother's disease as some sort of psychological trick, then this isn't just a fight for his body. It's also a fight for his mind. Right?" Stilinski queried.

"You know, he's left people severely injured." they all glanced a Brooke, who didn't look much better and was still in quite a bit of pain.

"And other severely dead." Derek added, putting an arm over his daughter's shoulders and pulling her gently into his side.

"That's why I need the three of you." the Sheriff stated. "I need people who are experienced in this kind of thing. I need you to help me stop him."

"And by stop him, you mean trap him." Argent look at the sheriff for confirmation. Stilinski nodded taking the taser into his hand and holding it out to the hunter.

They stared at each other as if having a conversation with their eyes before the sheriff let go and brought his hand to his side.

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

Brooke, Derek, Sheriff and Argent all walked into the hunter's house following behind Allison into their office. "This is everything non-lethal I could find." she told them.