✰ 16 ✰

☾ 𝓖𝓸𝓸𝓭𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 ☾

Brooke had woken up the next day in the hospital. She'd received stitches for her arm and the small cuts she had dotted over her body had been cleaned.

The pain was definitely still there, although slightly less, but she ignored it like she has done countless times before.

The Hale girl wasn't meant to be released from the hospital so soon but because of her persistent nagging and stubbornness, Melissa decided that it was probably better to just let her leave than try and contain her there.

The first thing she had done was go and see her father at the police station. He and Argent were still both framed for the murder of Japanese mafia leader, Katashi.

They'd been bumped up from being handcuffed to a bench in the main area to having two cells in the back of the station.

Derek had been happy to see his daughter was up and moving but he was also annoyed that she'd managed to get out of the hospital so soon, when she should be resting up.

However, when the Hale girl walked out of the station the last thing she expected to see was Scott and pack fighting off a much stronger werewolf behind an open police van.

She jogged over to the scene to see if they needed any assistance. Brooke saw both the twins and Kira sprawled on the floor groaning, Allison and Lydia huddled together near a wall and Scott being crouched over by the other werewolf.

Walking up behind the werewolf unnoticed, Brooke listened as he taunted Scott. "You have the eyes of an Alpha. But where's the strength?"

She grabbed the small gun she had tucked into the back of her shorts and slammed the but of the gun onto his temple whilst saying, "Here."

The werewolf fell to the side grunting in pain and Brooke aimed her gun at him just in case he tried something.

The pack all looked surprised to see Brooklyn, probably because she was meant to be in the hospital. The twins stood up walking over to the werewolf on the ground looking like they were about to do some damage.

"Stop. Ethan, Aiden. Stop!" Scott told the two betas.

"You want him to come after us?" one of them asked looking angrily at his Alpha.

"Scott, we've seen guys like this. Trust us. He's dangerous." the other twin said to him.

"So are we." Scott said in reply turning to the other werewolf, "And he looks smart enough to remember that."

He took something silver out from the guy's jacket and shook it over his hand until a small piece of paper fell out. The others looked at each other like they'd done it, so Brooke assumed they got what they came to get.

"We're here to save a life." the Alpha continued, "Not end one." The pack walked away, Brooke following too, until they were a safe distance away.

Scott turned to Brooklyn, looking at her like she was crazy, "What are you doing here? You're meant to be in the hospital. You were hurt yesterday."

Brooke smirked, she knew what happened to him yesterday also, since Allison had filled her dad in who in turn told Brooklyn.

"So were you." she replied.

Scott's eyebrows drew together, he didn't know how she knew, but somehow she did. "But you have stitches."

"You had a magical sword stabbed straight through you."

"I heal."

"I do too," Brooke's head tilted slightly to the side, "just slower."

"You should be resting."